Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Shocker Ego - ShEgo Project Questions...

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Picked up some of the basics of a ShEgo project today (13/10/2010) and have made a list of questions and bits i need. Your help would be gratefully recieved. For starters, here's what i got from the previous owner (minus the three grip screws!):

(14/10/2010): What i've done so far is basically put it together as much as possible by having a rummage in my toolbok for grip screws, grip frame screws, ASA, new reg, hose, etc. I've swapped the reg for a CP one. Lubed the firing assembly, marked the rear grip frame screw hole - planning on drilling that tomorrow along with a hole in the trigger guard to make accessing the front grip frame screw easier with the allen key. And generally worked out what bits i'm missing and what i need to do to get it running.

15/10/2010
Today i've soldered the battery harness to the board and the wires that run from the board to the solenoid. All put together and eyes plugged into board = click, click, click!!! And the eyes are working! Haven't drilled and tapped the hole for the rear grip frame screw. Should have time to do that tomorrow.

Board and battery fitted back into grip frame. Eyes loose and won't be finishd until everything else is up and running as i'll send it to the States to have the eye hole milled and lazer eyes supplied by Speedscustom! Just need noid scews now to mount the noid to the manifold and 1 o-ring to seal the noid to the manifold. Looks as though the screws from an Etek3 might fit so fingers crossed that Planet can help! Still looking for the o-rings...

16/10/2010
Today's update!
Drilled and tapped rear grip frame screw today! Drilled hole in trigger guard to make front grip frame screw removal easier. Pressure gauge thread locked in.

18/10/2010
Hopefully the last couple of pieces are on their way as i've ordered them this morning... Planet supplying the solenoid mounting screws and the o-rings on their way from Simply Bearings.
I picked up some generic Shocker o-rings from Eelz yesterday who also gave me a clamping feed neck too which was very genrous of him. Thanks fella ;)

It's now up and running
Do i send it off to SpeedsCustom to get the body milled and the lazer eyes sorted?

Many thanks for your help.

Stan

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
If anyone knows Balf could they point him this way please? His PM's are full.

Stencil

pew pew
Sep 8, 2006
Yorkshire.
Also, some tech questions:
On an Ego 05 board, which of the two wires from the board to the solenoid is positive and which is negative? Preferably can you say right or left from the board instead of red and black as my wires are a different colour!

I'm not 100% sure it matters. If you have the correct molex connector, it will only fit one way.

Which side of a Shocker Solenoid (Humphrey Noid) is positive and which is negative? ie-if you have the noid lying on the table in front of you and pointing away from you with the electrical end nearest you is it the left or right side?

Have you removed the board? You need to solder directly onto the daughter board, which is under the noid board.

I'm thinking of setting it up for break beam eyes by milling the left hand side of the gun. Do the NXT Shocker eye covers fit the (right hand side of the) SFT as presumably i could buy a pair to cover the left hand side once milled? If so, where can i get some? :D

You can get the gun milled and fitted with laser eyes here: http://www.speedscustom-pb.com/Shocker-Services.html . He does Shegos as well.

How much tolerance do Ego 05 break beam eyes have? ie - if they are 1 or 2 degrees out do they still work?

Not sure.

I need to drill and tap the hole for the rear grip frame screw. This is going to go into the main body between the solenoid inserts / body set screws and clearly i don't want to **** it up. Am i ok to drill the hole 21mm in from the back edge of the marker and slap bang in the centre (width ways) or is there something there i need to avoid? Also, what is the standard thread for grip screws? I believe it's 10-32. Can you confirm that's correct? Does anyone have a 10-32 thread tap i could borrow?

You don't need to tap anything if you line up the already tapped holes in the body with the frame, and then drill the frame in line.
Got some image of my project here as well mate: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Stencil25/Shego?authkey=Gv1sRgCNTFp_GNqPOazAE#

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
I'm not 100% sure it matters. If you have the correct molex connector, it will only fit one way.
The noid isn't wired to the connector. I just have a connector with two wires so need to know the polarity.

Have you removed the board? You need to solder directly onto the daughter board, which is under the noid board.

The noid has come with the daughter board and i just need to solder the wires (with the molex connector) directly to the noid as per your pic here: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Stencil25/Shego?authkey=Gv1sRgCNTFp_GNqPOazAE#5274077434717368066

You can get the gun milled and fitted with laser eyes here: http://www.speedscustom-pb.com/Shocker-Services.html . He does Shegos as well.

Thanks. Will look into it.

You don't need to tap anything if you line up the already tapped holes in the body with the frame, and then drill the frame in line.

The frame has been cut already to slot into the FRM and so that the front hole lines up. Hence the back hole is not available even by cutting into the frame. That's why I need to drill the rear hole.
Answered in blue. Thanks for your info and help so far! :)

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Shocker SFT O-ring kit still needed (Including the o-rings for the solenoid manifold.)
The 2 screws to mount the solenoid to the manifold still needed Does anyone have two of these or for information on their length and thread.
Ego break beam eyes for cheap?

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Updated the pics and still on the lookout for the noid screws and the o-ring kit!