Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Shooting from the hip...?

Hey all-
Just curious about this. I've seen many teams, esp. pros from the states (ok, Dynasty) that shoot from the hip while moving instead of the shoulder. I've tried it in practise, and it actually does seem to be more stable when running, not to mention that you can stay lower. Anyone's thoughts on this? I'd like to practise it and add it to mah bag o' tricks...seems like a useful skill to have.
-Mike

ericostani

Mar 9, 2003
surrey
Visit site
no,

its more stable if you shoot from the floor.
like i told you before get a tripod with wheels and a dive tank with wheels, get your old shocker back, and you're sorted.

kinda slow but very accurate, and as you said, with a dive tank you'll get at least a hopper out of your shocker.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
i find it a little more stable myself but it think the main reason for doing it is that there is less of a target to shoot. the whole gun is lower and so supposedly there is less of a chance of being shot.....

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
yeah, when you are moving youy will always have a profile you can minimise it but it will still be there...so when you are shooting rather than adding the gun to the profile if you tuck it in so that is in line with you body you are making yourself more difficult to hit...however you do need to balance this up with how effectively you can shoot in this way...if you can shoot more people in the other way then less will be shooting a you....
Robin

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Its easier to run when shooting like this and also apparently easier to see the line of paint. It is easier to see the rest of the field whilst you are firing, with no marker blocking your view.

Personally I just think its because Dynasty has no arm strength and cannot lift their immense markers all the way up! (Joke could have worked better if they were not shooting ultra light Angels, but oh well! :rolleyes:)

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Your hips stay pretty level when you run, so there's less interference from "wobble" so it's a more stable platform.... harder to aim, but who can aim at full pelt with a marker in frot of the face........if your running then it's a general spray anyway, just fire and hope, so it may as well be from the hip. Also makes it easier to run as it lowers your centre of gravity, making you less likely to overbalance, also makes the knee slide easier and stops you flopping forward.
If your just moving to a bunker at a fast walk, then up at the shoulder.......just look at special forces, swat etc... guns up and a quick walk without crossing the feet (feet just move into contact then step on, rather than taking strides- hard to describe, but watch a cop show and you'll see what I mean) this keeps your centre of balance stable and your shoulders in the same spot, you don't get that gravity shift as your weight moves from one foot to the other.
(I'm a physical intervention instructor.......it's all about balance).

pb-afroman

Many back guys will just shoot from the hip for reasons stated already (like being able to seethe paint and being able to see the field better...but I've also heard that it makes it easier to dodge paint, but keep your gun out and shooting. If your gun is at your hip, you can pull your upper body back in whenever someone is shooting at you really quickly, but you can keep on shooting at their team with your gun.

neil mochan

turtle
Jun 17, 2003
Cannock
Visit site
yo!

hey septic,
ask colin to show you or ask jamie if he's down at training. if you can't run and shoot with your gun up try it with the gun at the side of your hip.
regards turtle
see you at campaign cup