Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Should I get a regulator or a nitro tank?

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
The regulator is a bit cheaper, but if I get the nitro tank then it's like having a regulator too right? Also, would you recommend paying 50$ more to jump from 48ci to 68ci? (I'm limited on funds...)

Also, would there be any benefit to having a regulator AND a nitro tank?

Thanks for your help.

Inferno

Paintball Addict
I would go with compressed air tank first. I say this for several reasons:
1) It's getting really cold soon. CO2 sucks in this weather
2) Filling air is generally cheaper than CO2(and you can top it off)
3) The gauge makes you marker look cool :D

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
If I got a nitro tank (which I am) would I be better off getting an expansion chamber for my foregrip then or something else?

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by Emerson
If I got a nitro tank (which I am) would I be better off getting an expansion chamber for my foregrip then or something else?
The inline is what YOU called an expansion chamber ...you only need an expansion chamber if you are using CO2
an "inline" is another regulator after the one on your nitro tank keeps it all super stable (well thats the idea) some makers claim you don't need two but then its up to you (and your wallet) for an Autococker you will need two regs one on the tank one before the air goes into the marker
a Smart Parts reg is said to be super stable so you don't need two regs...personally I would but then thats me Angels need two regs...(read the instruction book guys !!...cos some have recently said don't use one cos the Angel AIR is being not used to its full potential)
so dependant on the marker you are thinking of putting the Nitro Tank on you will need at the very least one regulator ...don't try to save money by getting a fixed output regulator cos then YOU WILL need a second reg spend a little more and buy an adjustable output type.....oh get the larger tank not a huge difference in size and as christmas is coming maybe Santa will be kind to you