Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Simple gun question...

Paintballfreak

Sep 23, 2001
Toledo Ohio
Visit site
I know you guys have already passed this but i just wanna add my 2 cents. But anyways GET A REVOLUTION! I have a 12 volt and am just about to upgrade to the new x board 12volt with the new polystern (i think or i just made that up:D ) frame. It helps me soooo much. I can't tell you how many times i've needed one before i bought it. I love my Revvy!

Loki

Oct 7, 2001
London
Visit site
Just to answer Emersons question on how many times i play...

Infact I've just got back from a day...but I tend to train every sunday (with some members of my team) if i can and our team has a practice every other week on wednesdays.

L

Hmmm maybe i should have washed my dirty muddy gun oil stained hands before posting on this message!!!

MidgetFista

Nov 12, 2001
Cheshire, UK
homepages.manx.net
Upgrades For Da Compact 2000

Hiya..

after barrel, i'd suggest drop forward and anti-syphon tube for ya gas, nothing worse then firing liquid.. Also, if your compact is right outta the box i'd consider getting an Exp chamber for it.

U can get a "Regulator upgrade kit" from Kingman , its about $80, and it has the drop forward, reg and a foregrip included....

After that your gonna be as set as your gonna be :)

But remember after all, its the player, not the gun...as long as u have something that can sling the paint, u got a chance :)

Neil

Manning26

LOL, Loki, I did that yesterday after my tourney, my mouse had sludge all over it.:D

Emerson, my boys try to get to the field every weekend, but we have scheduled practice every other weekend. And we ALWAYS practice the weekend prior to a tourney. So, uh, there ya' go.

cockerguy

Dec 15, 2001
CANADA!!!
Visit site
alright for your spyder. Basically after every use clean all the paint off it. Every couple uses you might want to strip it down, clean it head to toe and put some fresh splat lube on it. You can get lube at your local proshop. Dont use any other oils cuz it will eat away at your gun.

As for C02 keep it out of the sun and heat. I like to store mine in my fridge so that the CO2 returns to its liquid form. ITs like having fresh co2 every time.

Paint usage: it really depends on your play style. Back players will use more paint then front players and tourny players will use more paint than rec players. Not because tourny players are better but because tounament play requires them to shoot more paint. Im a tourny front player and when i play walk ons (yes i still play walk ons) i go through no more than one 100 round pod of paint.

In the upgrade department, I suggest an expansion chamber w/ dropforward bottomline setup. The expansion chamber will make your CO2 more efficient and the drop forward will allow you to tuck your gun in tighter. Drop forwards make all the difference. another nice upgrade are dye sticky grips and an agitated hopper.

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
I will also add my two cent's worth, If you can't play every weekend cause of money problems then a good way to gain experience is to become a marshall cause then you keep fit AND can learn from others at the same time :)

Ring your local site up and ask if they have any posistions.

rockon_1

( .)( .)
Oct 15, 2001
indoors
Visit site
for uprgrades . dont get caught up to much in throwing little doohicky's on your spyder save your money and buy an autococker or an impulse when the time comes . in my opinion its a far better investment . Although if you want to upgrade something else get a compresed air system that you can mount on a different marker later .

sonic

Nov 4, 2001
nottingham.uk
www.uk-mastres.co.uk
i agree with cockerguy i play a mainly rec on average i would use around 200 paintballs a game more if somone digs in depends on the game.

i to recently got myself a marker added a drop forward,revi and sticky grips feels great

even more important works very well and seems to help my game.;)