Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

SLG 09 Chopping Paint

KevTheLeg

Bring It!
Jul 24, 2009
Cheshire
I recently purchased the SLG 09 brand new and it seems to be chopping 2 out of 20 paintballs, I have checked the eyes and thoroughly cleaned the gun a number of times now but it is still the same, is this normal? I'm totaly new to the paintball scene and this is my first marker so I don't know what to do.

If you can help it would be much appreciated!

G

Gassy

Is it chopping in the breech or it it breaking paint in the barrel.

Have you tried a new battery,a proper new battery not one out of the smoke alarm.

what hopper are you using ?

Hi Kev,

Generally in any gun if the eyes are working then the only thing that could cause it to affect paint breakages is a lack of a ball dent or one that has worn down too much. This will call 'double balling' which often ends messy.

Have you chrono'd the gun under 300fps?

Try looking at paint/barrel match - does the paint fit? Qualty of the paint? Is it very fragile?

Best regards,

Tommy

KevTheLeg

Bring It!
Jul 24, 2009
Cheshire
I am using an Extreme Rage Overdrive Sonic hopper, the battery is definately full, i have bought proto tournament paintballs as i thought this was the problem to begin with, also the gun is chrono'd to 280 fps and it is still doing it

thanks for the feedback guys

Kev

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
About a year ago a friend had the same problem his pulse was forcing too many balls past the detents and it was just a mess how fast is your loader feeding and like tommy says check the detents

G

Gassy

That hopper will not keep up if you can pull more than 10 balls a second.

try using a decent force feed loader and your problems will more than likely disappear.

KevTheLeg

Bring It!
Jul 24, 2009
Cheshire
Cheers guys, I think I'm gonna splash out on a Dye rotor then, supose you gota buy the best if you want the best, hehe