Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So how was tha event itself?

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
We actually had the Scrutineer checking markers and doing chrono the first day.

Consistency in the way calls are made and how teams work together is one of the things I talked to Chuck about after the event. I think it's one of the areas we can improve on (my opinion).

No, I didn't 1 for 1 the player. He didn't use the F word on me, and he wasn't abusive enough to warrant a 1 for 1. It's a judgement call ("you suck" or "you're an idiot" aren't offensive enough to me for a 1 for 1). Maybe I just have a thicker skin than some people.:rolleyes:

I appreciate the feedback. I'm writing up my post-tournament report for Chuck and it helps to know what the players thought of the event.

Manning26

The only problems I really saw regarding the 1 for 1's was the fact that a lot of players were being penalized over inobvious hits. We had a guy get hit on his pack (on a pod), we lost an extra player over that (NPPL field), and I saw a kid get nicked on the side of his hopper and get 1 for 1'ed before even firing a shot (Raven field). These are the ones (including Baca's regarding the guy asking for a paintcheck on his visor) I saw with my own eyes, but heard complaining of many more. I was glad to see the refs being on top of things and not being afraid to drop some penalty bombs, but these calls were blantantly wrong. I can only guess it to be inexperience regarding the individual refs who were making these crazy calls, and figure it can be remedied, and would like to reiterate that the refs WERE hustling all weekend.

By the way, I did have my gun pulled for trigger bounce on the Zap field, so someone was checking them.;)

SilentJens

Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
Reffing on Zap field

All the refs on the Zap field were non-swedish, so what happed to the Joy player, contact an more....
had nothing to do with the refs and
with the 1o1´s may sometimes seems unfair but if you ref on this type of fields and sometimes are understaffed it will happen(unfair 1o1).

When some writes that that it were to many pull i disagree because there is a new paintball being played and the old school players must take 10-15 years of exp and flush 50 per cent ( no more run thrus a la soya) with more controlled balling that was show by the good new novice, am teams.

Hope you all can read this.

Jens Headref on the JT field Las Vegas

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Reffing on Zap field

Originally posted by SilentJens
All the refs on the Zap field were non-swedish, so what happed to the Joy player, contact an more....
had nothing to do with the refs and
with the 1o1´s may sometimes seems unfair but if you ref on this type of fields and sometimes are understaffed it will happen(unfair 1o1).

When some writes that that it were to many pull i disagree because there is a new paintball being played and the old school players must take 10-15 years of exp and flush 50 per cent ( no more run thrus a la soya) with more controlled balling that was show by the good new novice, am teams.

Hope you all can read this.

Jens Headref on the JT field Las Vegas
You're right about a couple of things, Jens. With the type of fields in play both the staffing and positioning of refs is of critical import.

Virtually all the bad calls or no calls I saw were a result of refs either out of position or in no position to know what had just occurred. It was typically not a lack of effort.
On certain fields there were plenty of run throughs ala LaSoya for the same reason.

PS--glad to hear situation on Zap field wasn't a little Swedish love. ;)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
An attractive bird told me--

FYI, kids.
Format and finals changes seen in Vegas will revert to HB-style in Chicago with all divisions getting some show court face time in finals.

(Questions and comments about this came up in Am/Pro cut thread.)

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Originally posted by pgi foto
I have the shot of the tourney. Let's just hope Ant shares it with us in the upcoming issue. Here's a hint, it involves Rocky and the Angel field.
I knew someone had to get a shot of the swandive! :D :D :D