Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So who will take home Portugal???

Takedown

Sacramento XSV
Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
I prefer the new finals format. We played this format at Huntington Beach and I think it showed who was the actual #1 team that weekend. If you make a mistake in your first game it won't cost you the tournament you can win the next 2 games and still advance to the winners bracket and win the tournament. I think this is cool for the spectators as well, they get to see two teams go add it more then once and when it comes to that final game, the winner is actually the winner of the tournament. The only drawback I see is that the winning team will not play either the 3rd or 4th place team, unless they meet in the quarter finals or prelims. The other cool thing is it means more games. If it you make the semis you are guaranteed to play two best 2 out of three matches which means 4-6 games as opposed to the old systems guaranteed 3 games.

For us it was exciting and a welcome change to the old format. In our semis round we met up with KAPP and lost the first 2 matches. This sent us to the losers bracket to play for 3rd and 4th. We then met up against STP who had lost to Evil factory in their semis battle. We won the 1st game decisively, STP came back and won the 2nd game decisively. So in the final game it was all about who would change up their game plan and counter what the other team was planning. We fortunately knew what caused the break down in the previous game and made sure that it did not happen again. We went on to win the game quickly.

As for Dynasty and RL I'm not sure who this format will favor. If these two teams meet up in the first round one of them is going to get knocked out and not have a chance to play for 1st or 2nd. If they meet for the final 2 out of 3 then it could get interesting on how each team changes up their game plan. Also remember that Dynasty played the Bushwhackers in the semi finals. Dynasty lost the 1st match and came back to win the next 2 matches to move on to the winners bracket. Then again in the finals Dynasty lost the 1st match and came back to win the next 2 matches. This proves that Dynasty knows how to dig deep in this situation and may be some experience the other teams are lacking when it comes to a 2 out of 3 semis and finals.

This is how it works:

Teams play prelims as normal.

Teams play quarter finals (this is like semis from the old system)

The 4 teams that would normally go on to finals are seeded 1st through 4th for semi finals matches.

Match 1-3
The 1st seeded team and 4th seeded team will play a best two out of three.

Match 4-6
The 2nd seeded team and 3rd seeded team will play a best two out of three.

The winner of Match 1-3 goes on to the winners bracket
The loser of Match 1-3 goes on to the losers bracket

The winner of Match 4-6 goes on to the winners bracket
The loser of Match 4-6 goes on to the losers bracket

Winners
Play best two out out of three to determine 1st and 2nd place

Losers
Play best two out of three to determine 3rd and 4th place

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
Predictions are funny things

Some media sources can't even predict tha past...guess which pball website is currently congratulating Strange on its Pro win at Portugal?

Answers on a postcard, or possibly by tornado, earthquake, hurricane or any other ...... .. ......

Thass a clue by tha way...:D