Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So why can't y'all do this?

MWAXL brings X Ball™ to the Midwest

What do you get when you add together one grassy field, inflatable bunkers, the best officials, two teams and 90 minutes on the game clock? You get a MWAXL X Ball™ match.

The Midwest Amateur Xtreme League is pleased to present an X Ball™ league for paintball players who want to experience the latest and greatest way to play the game without the time, travel and expense of competing at the national level.

The MWAXL recognizes the importance of quality locations and officials. All MWAXL events will be held on green grass at fairground locations around the Midwest. The MWAXL will field only the most qualified officials, compensated accordingly to the tune of $300 per day.

The MWAXL will be split into two divisions of five teams, one Novice and one Amateur. Each team will play one match against each other team in their division over the course of the season. Each match will last 90 minutes, split into two 45-minute halves. While Novice teams will compete for glory, the top Amateur team at the end of the season will go home with $15,000 in cold, hard cash.

Want to play? Pricing for the season is extremely reasonable: $5,000 per team for Novice and $8,000 per team for Amateur. All events are BYOP. The MWAXL wants to provide its teams the maximum opportunity to recoup their expenses, so in addition to the best locations and officials, each team’s entry fee also includes on-field banner space, advertising space on the MWAXL website, a team website, and a share of the league’s profits, amongst other benefits.

The MWAXL schedule is: (Each team plays four of the five dates)

March 30, Louisville, KY, Bullitt County Fairgrounds
June 1, Springfield, OH, Clark County Fairgrounds
July 20, Lansing, MI, TBA
September 7, Springfield, IL, Illinois State Fairgrounds
October 5, Indianapolis, IN, Hamilton County Fairgrounds

Interested teams or officials should contact Chris Raehl at info@mwaxl.com or (715) 720-9131. More information is available at www.mwaxl.com.

The MWAXL is brought to you by Chris Raehl, President of the National Collegiate Paintball Association, and Chris Herring, President of the Indiana Captain’s Council.

X Ball™ is a trademark of Procaps Encapsulation Inc., Montreal, Canada. Visit
the official X Ball™ website at www.xballpaintball.com.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
So why can't y'all do this? Or something more realistic?

Originally posted by TJ Lambini
The MWAXL will be split into two divisions of five teams

Each team will play one match against each other team in their division over the course of the season. Each match will last 90 minutes, split into two 45-minute halves. While Novice teams will compete for glory
Conceptually, why not? Sounds good but---
If I'm reading this correctly how do five teams play each once over 5 events?

And if, at each event they are playing one match then the Novice teams are paying $1,000 a match while competing "for the glory."
Gonna have a hard time getting 5 teams to do it seems to me particularly when you add in travel expenses, paint, etc.

MWAXL

Banned
Feb 3, 2003
www.mwaxl.com
Well...

As I covered in the other thread, you only play 4 of the 5 events.

That works out to $1250/event, or $83/player/event if you're carrying a full 15 player roster. PSP X Ball is $1750/event for Div I and Div II. Our games are 90 minutes, Div I and II are 40 minutes, but you could play more than 2 games.

Last I heard, Div I and Div II runs Thursday->Sunday. Our events are Sunday only. So with PSP, you have to take up to 4 days off work, get airfare, and 5-6 days of hotel and rental cars. If you're the kind of team that is going to make that commitment, then by all means, go play PSP X Ball.

If you're the kinda team where you can't take 4 days off of work and fly somewhere 5 times a year but you still want to play X Ball, what we do makes sense. Our competition isn't really PSP, it's midwest area 5-man events. How much do you spend to play a 5-man event? Maybe $150-200 per player by the time all is said and done with entry and paint?

Take your $150 across 15 players (that's $2250 per event) and come play some X Ball instead.

I also want to point out that if you're playing your local 5-man or PSP X Ball you're one team amongst many, and at PSP, you're the side show to NXL. With us, you're THE show. 10 teams, 5 Am, 5 Nov, and that's it. You're team is going on our website, player pictures on the website, the advertising space at the event is yours, you get a cut of any other revenue the league pulls in. We've intentionally made it really easy for you to bring value to your sponsor so you can recoup your expenses. Or just be lazy and not. Up to you.

And we are really pushing quality here. These events are NOT at paintball fields, they are at country fairgrounds, with parking, concessions, etc, and played on nice green, level grass. We're paying the refs $300/day, and it's looking like at least half of them will be NXL refs. I think we may even be paying more than the NXL.

We've got budget for people to be paid to take pictures and write articles to make sure you're in the mags.

The only thing we might NOT have is a scoreboard, as those things are $20k, and I think most teams would rather keep the 2Gs.

I want to stress that this isn't intended for everyone. You have to make a commitment at the beginning of the season. You've got to do some traveling. But if you're the kind of team who can get a field to sponsor you, if you're the kind of team who wants quality officials, if you want public, promoted, grassy locations, and you're willing to pay a little more to get it and have your team promoted, then this might be a good option.

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
sounds kinda good to me. some little modifications must be made in my opinion but why not doing this in europe? having national leagues and then bring the top 2 teams of any country together for the euro x-ball grandslam

MWAXL

Banned
Feb 3, 2003
www.mwaxl.com
Alright, how about this?

$20k Frist Place Am. 5 matches instead of 4.

$4k entry for Novice, still 4 matches.

So that knocks it down to $1k/match for Novice, or about $66/player, BYOP. And $20k is nothing to shake a stick at.

Latest info at www.mwaxl.com.