Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Some discusion before next year.

Richmt11

Oct 4, 2010
I'll second that. Need some dates as I work awkward shifts I'll know wether I'll need to book off or what :) cheers mate.

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
John rules wise I would only limit the bps, the reason I say this is most markers have a clear setting for 15bps, I personally don't mind getting shot alot but as a coherent link between woods and 5 man your asking newer players to take alot of hits. I have seen lots of examples of people moaning about getting over shot and it's not a surprise with some of the guns set to 20bps. After playing since rule changes have taken bps from 15 down to 10.5 I feel that 15 is plenty fast enough, it will force people to actually aim there guns. If you ask alot of the x ball players(If these are supposed better players) most don't play with their bps set over 12.5 as they feel the increase of 2 is enough.

Now marshalling it everyone has to go to one crono marshal at the start of the morning or afternoon for a check, then you run on trust, if at any point a player can ask for a gun to be checked by a marshal, if it's over 15bps the team loses all the points it had up to that point.

Simple.

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
Yes WOODY i tend to agree with you on the BPS side the only reason i have kept it at 20bps is that it was tested and everyone voted over 5 trials to not limit it lower but after speaking to the people that are going to be running F5 in USA we came to an agreement to Limit it at 16 bps that way people can set thier guns to 15 bps and not have to worry about going over and every gun should have a 15 bps setting .
The original reason to limit the BPS was to make it easier on the judges and the players IE not waste time checking guns for being .1 over a stupidly low limit and have more time for actualy judging .
Anyway for 2011 the limit will be 16 bps and velocity 280 fps players will be checked randomly for both velocity and bps and if over will loose points for thier team .
The new website is almost ready to go public and is undergoing stress tests now on the stats system so all looking good for next year .
Just to clear up some questions on who won the series and how it was scored .
As you all know you get 3 points for a win this is the foremost score that will decide who wins any tournament and who wins the series so its like football 3 points for a win 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss it will remain this way for 2011 .
If two teams are on the same score then then the tie breaker is eliminations + buzzer score again events and series winners are decided in the same way.
For those of you that have asked for dates for 2011 these are posted on facebook and i will post them on here later today also Balls out Promotions have posted their dates for F5 events as well .
Getting back to series winnners there were 3 teams in the running for it Storm ,Outrage , Gunsmoke .
The score will on the new website but here are the results
3rd were outrage on 33 points and 2250 total gamescore,
2nd were Gunsmoke on 33 points and 2370 total gamescore,
1st place goes to Storm on 36 points and 2333 total gamescore.

Tadao

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Hey guys, just a quick question is orange gear allowed at this event? (such as the 2011 Eclipse 'hunter' jerseys etc) thanks :)

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
Yes its allowed as this is a bring your own event so any colour of paint could be there not just orange.

Reactions: Tadao

Tadao

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Thanks guys, I'll hope to attend at least one F5 event this year as I've heard such good feedback about it :)