Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

SOPA & PIPA

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
Most products would allow you to try before you buy as long as you paid for the product before you took it away. Disliking the music that you have received is also, in some stores, enough to let you return the product. I don't think allowing free downloading of all music is a solution, I think it's just another extreme.
going to have to disagree there. if you buy a cd, then return it the next day saying "you didn't like it" they're not going to refund you the cd, they'll just tell you where to stick it...
working in retail myself, if someone is to purchase a digital product, there is no gaurantee they haven't copied it onto their computer, thus keeping the product alongside getting a refund at the same time.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
going to have to disagree there. if you buy a cd, then return it the next day saying "you didn't like it" they're not going to refund you the cd, they'll just tell you where to stick it...
working in retail myself, if someone is to purchase a digital product, there is no gaurantee they haven't copied it onto their computer, thus keeping the product alongside getting a refund at the same time.
my uni bookshop pulled the same card with me just before christmas. after buying a few of that semesters recommended texts only to discover that when i tried to study with them they were pretty useless i tried to return them and was told you only have 14 days to do so. now i don't know about you but when you have spent over £200 on 6 months worth of books for a number of courses, how can they expect you to discover that a book is no good in such a short amount of time. their reason was that i could have photocopied my books and so it was simply money down the drain.

at least with music you can sample the tracks on itunes and such/find them on youtube if you are truly against piracy but with films the only real way to 'sample' a film is to go to the cinema, but lets be honest the price of a cinema visit isn't exactly cheap.

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Disliking the music that you have received is also, in some stores, enough to let you return the product.
It's your choice where you shop... try FOPP