Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spamming and selling via PM !

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
There are rules in place on these forums for the classifieds, we expect members to make sure they are familiar with these rules, to respect them to make buying and selling as safe as we can without too much grief involved.

There are a very small minority of members/accounts that are new or newly created thinking they can just go around pm'ing other members, spamming there inbox with items they wish to sell instead of creating a thread in the classifieds.
Reports have been coming in to us, this is unacceptable and we will not tolerate such manner.

I have my finger ready over my big BAN button !

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
There are rules in place on these forums for the classifieds, we expect members to make sure they are familiar with these rules, to respect them to make buying and selling as safe as we can without too much grief involved.

There are a very small minority of members/accounts that are new or newly created thinking they can just go around pm'ing other members, spamming there inbox with items they wish to sell instead of creating a thread in the classifieds.
Reports have been coming in to us, this is unacceptable and we will not tolerate such manner.

PM'd :p

Reactions: cobbler and Dan360

NinjaUK

Dirty UKnian
May 6, 2012
Grantham

I think 'banning' them is pretty extreme for an offer by PM. I also find it extreme because you don't actually state that the member will be banned for doing so.

I used to admin a website of 60,000+ members and we had a warning system.
And if a rule was broken they were given a warning, after say 3 warnings THEN they got banned.
You should notify them that if they offer via PM, they will get banned.

Atleast give the user a chance to know the consequences first

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I think 'banning' them is pretty extreme for an offer by PM. I also find it extreme because you don't actually state that the member will be banned for doing so.

I used to admin a website of 60,000+ members and we had a warning system.
And if a rule was broken they were given a warning, after say 3 warnings THEN they got banned.
You should notify them that if they offer via PM, they will get banned.

Atleast give the user a chance to know the consequences first
He has stated in this thread what the consequences are, would you like a letter to your home address aswell? What are you asking? A temporary ban only lasts a few days.

We do give out infractions and many users are given warnings for any number of different offences. Each "offence" is different and warrants a different approach. We dont actively want to ban anyone who makes a mistake, that would be ridiculous.

Sounds like you dont quite understand why the rules are in place. They are there to protect you. Yes you! They werent written thinking "this will really p1ss them off!". Again, that would be ridiculous dont you think?

NinjaUK

Dirty UKnian
May 6, 2012
Grantham
He has stated in this thread what the consequences are, would you like a letter to your home address aswell?
Aww someone got mad, okay smart arse SHOW ME where in the buying/selling/trading topic where it says about any bans etc?

Not THIS thread, i wouldnt look HERE when im trying to buy something, ide look in the classifieds rules for that information, not here so come on, show me the quote.

And dont try to pull a fast one and add it to the rules now because ive already checked them.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Aww someone got mad, okay smart arse SHOW ME where in the buying/selling/trading topic where it says about any bans etc?

Not THIS thread, i wouldnt look HERE when im trying to buy something, ide look in the classifieds rules for that information, not here so come on, show me the quote.

And dont try to pull a fast one and add it to the rules now because ive already checked them.
It doesnt. I didnt say it did. Why do we need to? And why do I need you to tell me what to do?

We dont aim to ban anyone. Ive already said that if a ban is necessary for that particular case, then we will use it. Its very rare that we do.

The rule in question was written to protect the new user from being sold a bunch of crap by PM, also it allows us to see what has gone on if it is on a thread and maybe HELP out if a deal goes sour. I fail to see where we are the bad guys.

BTW, we reserve the right to ban anyone. If you are banned. Normally its a temporary ban. It lasts a few days at best. Ive underlined "temporary" for you. i.e its not the end of the world really is it?

I didnt get mad either. I get PMs from teenagers who know everything on a daily basis. We regularly get threats of many colourful variety. Please dont think you are a special case.