Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spamming and selling via PM !

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
You think what i said was a threat??? Please lol

As i said i have managed a much larger site than this and with people with attitude.
And daily i had to deal with people who asked why they were banned etc

So to save hassle and help the users, if you state the rules and consequences then they know and cant argue.

I.E, if in the rules you state 'Any offers via PM will result in a warning leading towards a 3 day/temporary ban, these rules are set into place to protect sellers yada yada yada'

Straight away i know what i cant do and what happends if i dont abide by it and why you placed the rules.Much simpler and saves the user having to come to another thread i.e this one, just to find out they'll be banned for PM'ing an offer
To be honest Sean i have bought from you and talked to you on Facebook, i've never seen this 'Attitude' from you before and It's obviously getting you no where.
You might want to think over what you say because i think it's not what your saying it's the way you put it across (Structure) it.
Rules are rules and if you follow them you and everyone else has a happier life, if you would like to suggest improvements be it in a different manner and i'm sure you won't get as many people's backs up.
All the Mod's on here are fair to everyone, and i seen this post before any of the comments i took away from it that they are more on about as Bullseye pointed out about people Creating 'New accounts' to sell stuff via PM rather than people like us who (Me more than others i admit) get involved in the Forum/Community.

This isn't/wasn't a dig at you because you seem actually a nice guy on many many occasions but please Re-Think your wording on this forum. :)

Just my 2p worth guys.

On Topic i haven't heard of this happening/not happened to me but i hope this puts a stop to it anyways.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Aww someone got mad, okay smart arse SHOW ME where in the buying/selling/trading topic where it says about any bans etc?

Not THIS thread, i wouldnt look HERE when im trying to buy something, ide look in the classifieds rules for that information, not here so come on, show me the quote.

And dont try to pull a fast one and add it to the rules now because ive already checked them.
Read post # 20
Yes, there are set rules, these rules being set out for the common. There is also common sense and judgement as to what is acceptable, and what is not acceptable for those things that are not set.
As a mod, we make those judgements and try our best to make the forums safe.
With yourself being a former Admin of a certain site, you should know what to expect. There are many who like to make a quick buck from forum users, these scammers thrive and breed on the internet, its an ideal place for them to prey on forum members, especially new members.

To those whom are new to the site or new to paintball.
Read the rules, follow these rules, respect the rules and you will be safe, we cannot guarantee it will be 100%, but if something is not right, at least we can try and help you if the deal stays on the thread and not by PM.

Last edited:

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I've never seen this being an issue before (unless they were banned and unable to make it an issue). I thought the first post was more toward people creating an account to striaght away pm people trying to SELL them their stuff, not some regular pm'ing an offer to buy something off the fs section.......
As per classified rules...

Rule 5) No offers or deals by private message!
So it's against rules regardless of it being a newbie spammer or established forum user that's doing it

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
Understood, I was merely pointing out that the original post was highlighting an issue with spamming, not rule 5.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Understood, I was merely pointing out that the original post was highlighting an issue with spamming, not rule 5.
There's a few reasons.

Newbies getting PMd by ex newbies trying to pass off their 10yr old infernos as a pro marker,
new accounts created with a view to spam everyone with their stuff they want to sell,
and also so that everything is on record if its kept out of PMs and that allows us to try to help if something happens.