Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spotting for back players??

L J

big big titties
right, at the 1st leg of M25 it was my debue tourny, i found on field 3 (had at the back a lie down coke and some half moon type thing for back bunkers) these were very low bunkers and i found it was very hard to actually see anyone, i think the first game i had on that i didnt call once!!! because i could actually see anyone!!! so is there anything i can do to try and see them
nothing silly like standing up and looking about...altho i did do some of that:eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

rieber

Feb 7, 2003
illinois
Visit site
re

i suggest that ou try and play the bunker from further back. if it is a back bunker i guarantee you can do it. i play back and was at badlandz (where chicago open is held) this past weekend and was abl to stand way out in the open and get some extra angles on people. you have to know and learn the field pretty well to do this but you will eventually find more shots.

Quayler

Incontinentia Buttocks
Apr 3, 2002
Isle Of Man
Visit site
don't just try and look for opposition players, look at the paint flying in at your front players (who you should be able to see more easily) and try and work out from the angles where that paint is coming from.

This should help with finding opposition players.

Good luck

Right,
Look where the marshals are positioned and what bunker they are looking behind, COMMUNICATE with your front players and any other players on the field that may have a better view than you. If it is a sunny day, then look for shadows. Look for bunkers that are swaying in an odd way. Don't forget, if you can't see the opposition, that doesn't mean to say that you can't shoot them, loop the paint over any bunkers that may be in your firing lane. And if you are really not happy with playing in the bunker that you are behind, then move either up or, double up with another team mate etc.

That field was a nasty one to play though, hope they don't have it in Reading:rolleyes:

Hope I was of some help.

Mugged44

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
I agree that communication is the key. Obviously the field was designed to push everyone forward. The HB NPPL was like that. Sometimes what I do is blindshoot back at where a paint stream originates from. Even if I don't have a chance of hitting them, I get them to stop shooting, which means that they're being ineffective and that I'm controlling them. Sometimes my backman's best position is right on the 40, just behind me :) That was how it was for one game this last weekend. We had a talk with my backman about how he was still at his primary bunker at the end of the last game, when his frontman was crossing the 50 and his frontman needed good coverage...so I hit the 50 as my third move and I look behind me and see my backman at my last bunker yelling "I'm right behind you Ray"... we ate them up that game. Because he moved up (some of the center bunkers were large and blocked the back guy's view) he could tell when I was in trouble, and from where and put them down enough for me to do what I needed to.

Ray
PS Looking for Refs is a good idea, but be aware that some of them will stand next to an empty bunker just to mess with people.

Oct 30, 2001
G Unit
Visit site
if you cant see **** then it probably means they cant see you either unless a player has advanced to a bunker without your knowledge

best advice would be simple change to a different barracade either slightly in field on slightly out this in effect prodcuces different angle's for you to work on and also give's you a different view of the field..

most of the time sup air ball fields are not large enough for you to not see anyone so this will not apply 70% of the time unless there are only a couple of guys left from a 7 man team..

try spending a little time walking the fields and when practising try to spend time manipulating barracades anbd playing those you would not normally play in a game and you find difficult or frustrating

good luck

steve