Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spyder Shutter or Spyder TL Plus

ZacIseMan68

Aug 18, 2001
Visit site
I am trying to decide if i want the Spyder Shutter or the Spyder TL Plus?? I have heard people like the Shutter better than the Plus and people that like the Plus better than the Shutter!! I don't know which on to get?? I hope someone out there can help me out.....
(1) Which weights more?
(2) Which is faster shooting?
(3) Which is more accurate?
(4) Which is easier to clean?
(5) Which is more durable?

and anything else that you can think of? Thanx.
:D

Bluefrog

Sep 23, 2001
Near Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
SE?

I know these are out of production but have any of you actually thought of using a Spyder Special Edition. They are really good and have all the functions in your list above....

so try and find someone who is selling one on these forums as i bought one for a good price.

BF

spydertrix

Aug 16, 2001
Visit site
The shutter is a bit better in my opinion here is some info:
(1) Which weights more?-they both are about equal i think the shutter weighs a bit more though.

(2) Which is faster shooting?-there is nothing that is faster shooting on a semi auto its how light the trigger is they all fire 1 pull 1 ball but the shutters pull feels a little lighter(my opinion).

(3) Which is more accurate?-i would have 2 say the shutter because of the regulator and better bolt but if ure goning 2 get either 1 get a better barrel that should help the accuracy.

(4) Which is easier to clean?-the tl+ is probably easier 2 clean because of less parts and on the shutter there is an opening that shows the bolt and dirt can get stuck in it real easily while ure on the field.
(5) Which is more durable?- the shutter and the tl+ r both pretty durable i would say they were both equaly durable.

O and the spyder SE ..... not a very good marker is has a huge clunky trigger unlike the triggers on the other spyders and the shutter and tl+ have many more features than the SE.

thats all i can think of but if ure gonna get one of those 2 get the shutter its a litlle better than the tl+ and its a pretty all around good gun.:)

N00bblaster

Oct 19, 2001
Visit site
i cant tell any difference between them it depends what u want though the tl+ and shutter shoot the same and everything i cant tell any difference i've shot them side by side and well it might just be me. My firends shutter has all sorts of problems with it and i've had my tl+ longer than he has and i've had no probs except a couple chopped balls in the stock barrel if u r short on money go get a xcel barrel its worth the money
i say get a tl+ and slap a reg from a shutter on it and a new barrel and the tl+ is better than a shutter and cheaper :D :D
oh and the anodizing on the shutter scratches off of the bolt and everything fairly easy.
I own a tl+ and i've liked it a lot but now im gettin a cocker and the tl+ is gonna be collecting dust in my closet