Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spyders are they good

SonnyG007

May 2, 2002
Visit site
Most new players get either a spyder or a model 98(unless they got rich daddys, then they get angels:)It all depends on your style of playing and what kinda of field you play on. If you play on a speedball field(small field with lots of bunkers close together) I would go for the Spyder because its smaller and you can move easier with it. Also with the right upgrades you can get your spyder good enough for tourney play later on down the road. I own both the model98 and a spyder shutter but I play almost always speedball so the spyder is more comfortable for me. The model98 on the other hand is really durable. I mean I can see myself running it over with my jeep and it'd still fire. But it's also a pain the a$$ to open it. Which ever you decide to get though make sure you buy a new barrel for it first. Especially on the model98. I'm more accurate throwing paint than shooting on the stock barrel :) Also I suggest looking at the player reviews at www.paintball.com

Try to ignore the biased reviews...alot of spyder owners think tippmans suck even though they've never used one and a lot of tippman owners think spyders suck the same way.

Hope this helps.

cowface

Team Rampage
Oct 9, 2001
northamptonshire
hey shaun[movemaster]

hope u do get that spyder tomorow, and then i can shoot the hell out of u next week and not get told off:):)
i am still trying to find a field for us to play on, and i might play sooner then i said:)

L8trs

Tom

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
First, to dispell certain rumors, an upgraded Spyder is not a tournament gun. AT ALL. EVER. Ditch the idea from the start and save your money. Put a barrel on it, Revo, and a good regulator and you'll be good to go for a while, giving you lots of room to work with while you learn more about playing. Better still, buy one used and save money right off the bat. First guns should never be bought at full retail price. You're already getting smacked in the wallet as it is, and it's not hard to find entry level guns locally used for a better price which will save you the money you will need for paint and a pack. Put together an acceptable kit, read here and in PGI and forget most other sources which exist solely for the purpose of taking your money and making you look stupid, then worry about what is in your head and in front of you shooting at you, where your paint is flying, and who is on your side and be sure that they are competent players that will get you further ahead in the game and help you on the field rather than sitting next to or behind you and getting you shot out and looking as stupid or stupider than themselves.

Good luck and good hunting.

kris

yarbles
Jan 10, 2002
Just SoManc
hehe
For a proper tournament marker
Well we have 2 going cheapish
These are the same price as a brand new spider but waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better
already been suped up to the max
check it out
www.teamrdx.co.uk
thanks
kris

shed-head-2k

Jul 8, 2002
Gt Yarmouth NORFOLK
Visit site
Hi there
I don't care what people say about 'SPYDERS' as they are good and reliable for the price,
As i admit to owning a 'Spyder Sonix' they do the job for a newbie player wh'o's starting out in the world. they just need a longer barrel as the standard 9" one is little too short.
As you might say it does the job.