Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Squeegie scabbard?

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
I recently bought a squeegie holder advertised as a "thigh scabbard". The straps it came with are way too short to ever fit around my thigh or even my calf!
Am I missing the point or doing something wrong? :confused:

how long are the straps?

Why not sew a piece of faBric running down the side ofyou trousers. Only sew it at the top and bottom but leave the middle loose. this way you could use the straps on the scaabard to attach to this.
I personally wouldn't want to use a leg scabbard that attaches around all of your thigh as this part of your body is not a constant diameter and thus would change tightness as you move.

Is the top part of the scabbard designed to got thorough the belt loop which is at the top of your leg and runs down the seam?:confused:

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Well I have a leg scabbard it is made by Indian Springs but from the pic you posted those straps look way too short mine was designed to go round the leg..at the bottom not the thigh but as you have bought the scabbard now you will have to adapt it to fit. you should be able to get the webbing to do it from either a haberdashery store (knitting and sewing...don't ask !! lol) or a camping shop either way is gonna involve sewing. Nowadays I don't bother with a scabbard cos I either stick a squeegee down inside my Trace pads or use the built in holder on the JT cargo pants or use a squeegee on a neck strap

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
Bizarrely enough, I work at an outdoors shop and we don't stock webbing straps. I'll have to shop around and find some. I'm just annoyed that this supposed "thigh" scabbard doesn't go on my thigh!
I tried to stick it down my Renegade knee pads, but the squeegie got covered in mud(I'm a mud-crawling rec player) and it wasn't much use after that.
I like the idea of having it on my thigh, rather than on a neck thong.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Surprised you don't stock webbing cos all of the shops I have visited before had both the webbing and the buckle clips one was a local chain the other was an upper market type store loads of carbon fibre walking sticks etc
so looks like you will have to go in the sewing shop....get your floppy hat and sunglasses out.

To have the scabbard on your thigh will make it very awkward to use but each to their own ...one of my team has a scabbard hanging from his belt but that isn't for everyone

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
It's bizarre isn't it? My shop is part of a well-known countrywide chain but our buyers are useless. Webbing straps, fastex buckles and the like should be in abundance. Thanks for your suggestions