Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Stako help please

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Well It was me right beside Nige on that day at Freekz and I remember It like It was yesterday ! ! it was like an army tank that just fired out of It`s muzzle right next to me with poor old Nige staggering , Stunned to the eyeballs , with his jersey on fire and melting in places the size of my hands, the exploded Stacko air bottle was a foot into the ground with his Ego gun twisted like a figure of eight in another direction and the hopper was strewn into about a thousand pieces everywhere, there were others there that also used a Stacko bottle and every one of those were thrown to the ground on the spot for anyone to take if wanted to for free ... there were NO Takers, In fact It was Kitch that kept the cool with everyone that was dumping them, from that day Stacko bottles was a HUGE NO NO. Now for what ever reason caused then and for anybody to use them at present I would suggest you have a damn good insurance policy not just for yourself but for any persons around you.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Well It was me right beside Nige on that day at Freekz and I remember It like It was yesterday ! ! it was like an army tank that just fired out of It`s muzzle right next to me with poor old Nige staggering , Stunned to the eyeballs , with his jersey on fire and melting in places the size of my hands, the exploded Stacko air bottle was a foot into the ground with his Ego gun twisted like a figure of eight in another direction and the hopper was strewn into about a thousand pieces everywhere, there were others there that also used a Stacko bottle and every one of those were thrown to the ground on the spot for anyone to take if wanted to for free ... there were NO Takers, In fact It was Kitch that kept the cool with everyone that was dumping them, from that day Stacko bottles was a HUGE NO NO. Now for what ever reason caused then and for anybody to use them at present I would suggest you have a damn good insurance policy not just for yourself but for any persons around you.
I understand you were there, Im not doubting you, but Im certain I read that the cause was nothing to do with the Stako design, in fact it would have happened to any bottle under the same circumstances.

Either way, NOT a very pleasant experience, and not one I wish was repeated anytime soon.

Reactions: Talfryn

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
Im no airsmith, but surely for a bottle to explode in flames and not just explode, there must have been oil involved? Had the guy jus baught it second hand or something? X

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
the bottle wasn`t in flames ...He was , And I was , when holding him close to damp the flames... now given time to forget this and hoped Stacko would go under because of this, there`s always going to be the odd stacko bottle that gets sold and I think one had to be there to understand the situation, Things are always going to be said to justify the odd person buying a Stacko bottle , directly after this situation they were used at the World Cup and were putting them into containers of water as 99% were releasing bubbles galore from the sides ( we assume it was trapped air ) between the inner and outer skin. again they were told DO NOT USE THEM. the list goes on and on. Please understand I`m only trying to help you to know where you stand with a Stacko bottle. You of course must decide what`s best for you..There are plenty of other brands to choose from especially when you already knew of the Stacko history

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
the bottle wasn`t in flames ...He was !
So what part of the bottle dislodged itself and caught fire on Nige ? So think about what your saying there. The oil that was in the tank combusted and exploded, and that was what was over Nige. It had nothing to do with the bottle.

Reactions: Bolter

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Did he not sue stako then? Unfortunately i baught it before i read about all this, if id have known i would have chose a different bottle for a hassle free life... X
If you have any doubts contact HPAC the countries leader in HP air, they will tell you there is ZERO problems with Stako

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
I was thinking the same lump, people dont normally spontaniously combust on contact with hp air. But i wasnt there, so i appreciate the sharing of a bad experience which will make me super careful and close my eyes when filling just incase it kills me. X