Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Starting out

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Grifiths, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Grifiths Member

Grifiths
    Message Count:
    want to start out. What marker to get that's half decent Incase without costing me a arm and fortune
    Cheers

2. Cube M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions

Cube
    Message Count:
    Welcome aboard...

First question is what kit do you already have?

After that there's a lot to do with what you play, what do you want to play, maybe even where do you play, coupled with what's a rough budget etc etc, then there's aesthetics, functionality wants/needs and even I guess how old/how big are you?

I'm assuming you've played a few times already and are looking to make the next step but frankly you can easily blow a ****-ton of cash on stuff you will end up regretting if you're not careful; so share some more info and you'll get better advice :D

Bolter and mikey1975 like this.
  3. Grifiths Member

Grifiths
    Message Count:
    In my 30 ex forces. Want to try ideally join a team ( even tho maybe too old ) so think need a semi decent marker. Budget cheap as possible was thinking of a eclipse marker
    Any advice

4. mikey1975 O.T.E Morning Wood

mikey1975
    Message Count:
    Best advice is get some decent goggles then marker loader bottle pants etc and practise lots. Where in the UK are you

5. mikey1975 O.T.E Morning Wood

mikey1975
    Message Count:
    Also never to old bud might feel it after tho lmfao

Canon Fodder likes this.
  6. Grifiths Member

Grifiths
    Message Count:
    Up by harrogate but travel to Birmingham often

Thought maybe get a used eclipse but then again what if if f*^ked as ppl do sell kits

What do you think off this one 300

7. Grifiths Member

Grifiths
    Message Count:
  8. mikey1975 O.T.E Morning Wood

mikey1975
    Message Count:
    Nothing there bud

9. Cube M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions

Cube
    Message Count:
    Damn dude, I've just got back into the game for the third time and I'm a lot older than that, (Mikey's right though, you do feel it a bit more afterwards :))

Also he beat me to the best advice I'd give, get yourself a really good pair of goggles and invest in the thermal lenses (if you haven't already) Nothing ruins the enjoyment like a foggy uncomfortable lense set. Oh and I'd say pick a set that it's easy to change the lenses on...after years of ripping my hands to shreds on JT lenses the new style ones are a blessing.

As for guns, remember you're going to need a air bottle and a decent hopper as well so you'll need to budget for that as well or it ain't gonna work :)

I'm an Eclipse fanboy and have been before they were called that (and before they were Paintball Planet too come to think of it) so I won't turn you off them, but the best thing to do is get your hands on them somewhere, go to a walk on or something and get chatting. Nothings changed in the time I was out, everyone's happy to sing the benefits of what they have and probably won't mind you having a fondle :p

Be tempted to say look at the second hand market because I picked up a bloody nice LV1 for less than the price of a new Etek, but that's ultimately your call. If you're on a budget then you'll get some good deals on here, but if you want to ultimately join a team, save up the cash for a competitive marker, otherwise you're just throwing your money away if you want to get serious

Also these days do you mean a tourney team or a scenario team? That's potentially going to make a difference to your choices too.

mikey1975 likes this.
  10. Grifiths Member

Grifiths
    Message Count:
    Tried to comment on a sale one on here but as a newbie wouldn't let me

Found a gtek 3 with case , green hopper and gorilla tank and been serviced by eclipse
    For £300

Is that a decent marker and good price