Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starting up a new paintballing business - advice from enthusiasts please!

johriley

May 3, 2011
Hi,

I am considering starting up a paintballing business in th UK. Initially on weekends only for the summer and autumn months so planning permission is not required.

I am after any advice or input as to things which make a great paintball park and experience.

Any input is much appreciated from games to staff considerations

Thanks
John

johriley

May 3, 2011
I am open to all ideas although looking to invest in woodlands. I have only started looking at legal aspects this weekend so in terms of games it really is a blank canvas.

I am a newbie in terms of paintball games so idiots guides please

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
well personally i think that what makes a woodland site along with the basics of any site (good work ethic, organisation etc.) is the quality of the playing areas. for scenario games played in woods or simillar the more realistic the better. this can range from things like structures being more realistic such as based on houses or whatever and also whats inside them so things like furniture if thats an option. away from this the barricades used also make a great site so if you can get a hold of things like cars, bins, signs etc. this makes a gamezone really stand out.
other than that common sense things like having a good setup with things like parking, toilets, changing, lockers etc etc etc all well organised really helps.

but thats just me! :D

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
I think experience in the paintballing field is required at least. You're looking at going from knowing next to nothing to owning and running a site. I wouldn't say missing out the middle bit of "seasoned player" is a wise idea.

johriley

May 3, 2011
Point of experience is well taken and I am looking to get someone who is experienced paintball player / marshall onboard to consult + visiting other paintball sites to get a feel. But I am just starting up researching the business fundementals before I start spending.

eg how many players per marshall etc
what makes a good scenarios

chuckwood

Now back in Australia!
Aug 2, 2008
Adelaide, South Australia
Point of experience is well taken and I am looking to get someone who is experienced paintball player / marshall onboard to consult + visiting other paintball sites to get a feel. But I am just starting up researching the business fundementals before I start spending.

eg how many players per marshall etc
what makes a good scenarios
Hiya Johriley,

Get yourself a business plan and investment plan to match as a first step.
Talk to supplier such as LIPS to get an idea of what field equipment will cost and what you will need.
Such as markers, co2 or Air bottles, compressor, goggles, players kit, chronographs etc.
If you are are looking to have a field you generally will want to aim to attract the general public 'punters' and will need a mix of fields. Please, for the love of god ignore anyone who tells you to have a speedball field if you are aiming at the punter market as it is not necessary at the start.

Visit your local sites, talk to people such as Al Murray, Tim Barnett [Shoreline], Jamie Powell [Apocalypse, Royston], Yorkie from Bricketwood, Bully [YPC], Ged from NPSF Birmingham. These guys have been running fields for many moons and can really help if you apporach it correctly and have done your homewrk beforehand.

It will:
Involve councils
Police
Insurance
Large start up costs
and be time consuming!
Good luck.

Reactions: Bolter

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Hiya Johriley,

Get yourself a business plan and investment plan to match as a first step.
Talk to supplier such as LIPS to get an idea of what field equipment will cost and what you will need.
Such as markers, co2 or Air bottles, compressor, goggles, players kit, chronographs etc.
If you are are looking to have a field you generally will want to aim to attract the general public 'punters' and will need a mix of fields. Please, for the love of god ignore anyone who tells you to have a speedball field if you are aiming at the punter market as it is not necessary at the start.

Visit your local sites, talk to people such as Al Murray, Tim Barnett [Shoreline], Jamie Powell [Apocalypse, Royston], Yorkie from Bricketwood, Bully [YPC], Ged from NPSF Birmingham. These guys have been running fields for many moons and can really help if you apporach it correctly and have done your homewrk beforehand.

It will:
Involve councils
Police
Insurance
Large start up costs
and be time consuming!
Good luck.
Great advice! I would say the same as the others. Go book yourself and some mates in to play a few venues, and take some notes! Yorkie from Bricketwood runs a sh*t hot site, and has Pro teams playing/training on separate Supair fields. Bloody nice guy as well.