Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Sup Air Advice

Discussion in 'Tactics and Technique' started by Adam Axford, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Adam Axford Northern Devils Captain #89

Adam Axford
    Message Count:
    Does anyone have any advice for playing in a Sup Air Tourny? (3-Man)

2. Random Invert Well-Known Member

Random Invert
    Message Count:
    Head to Outpost this Sunday, Sup Air drills and training.

3. Adam Axford Northern Devils Captain #89

Adam Axford
    Message Count:
    I'm working all weekend but my dad and brother in law went to the last one at Outpost...

Hoping to get out next Sunday as a team for some training together

4. shoaibaktar Well-Known Member

shoaibaktar
    Message Count:
    when you have kills and are trying to close out the game ,when you move if not spotted dont shoot till you have the shot . With the whole field available move to bunkers where you have best ground .ie not the snake ,too low and restricts movement .Look for positions where you can hold off a 2 on 1 ,play tight ,but with less paint about remember knowing where they are is key as movement in 3 man is the key to winning . Will do your 5 man game a big benefit also

Adam Axford likes this.
  5. lewis bowden Member

lewis bowden
    Message Count:
    i am new to the sport and was wondering what is the best way to train for sup air and if there is anything else i can do to improve like gym workout etc?

6. shoaibaktar Well-Known Member

shoaibaktar
    Message Count:
    Apart from get your general fitness as high as possible,since having your heart rate through the roof,will not help accuracy or decision making. Shuttle sprints are the most relevant to paintball ,all explosive activity .What you can practice is holding the squat position and rotating positions round a bunker standing position. If you have a gun you can practice ,switching hands ,snapping up to a shot off the break.Both moves are automatic to a seasoned player but require honing your muscle memory. You can practice knee,hip slides ,crawling down snake with your gun up.Whenever you practice anything,even fitness work ,always with gun in hand .You can shorten the learning curve considerably by being comfortable with the basic moves of paintball,leaving your brain free to concentrate on shooting and comms. The internet is full of vids to help Try Tech PB,Planet Eclipse and Marcello Margotts school just for starters. Subscribe to PB Acess for hundreds of game vids you can both watch and listen to pros commentate.This means when you finally take to the field you will be as prepared as possible "Fail to prepare,prepare to fail".Nothing will guarantee sucess ,it will make failure less likely!

7. connor96 Well-Known Member

connor96
    Message Count:
    techpb video seems good

shoaibaktar and Care_Bears like this.
  8. rorodr0033 Well-Known Member

rorodr0033
    Message Count:
    Here are some links from a pro player, that can help you mastering the technique....

Also, if you can... try practicing some 3 on 2 matches... Try holding back the 3 players, that way you can practice the communication with you team mate... Also try not to rush or panic, the most important thing is to be calm at any point....