Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Switching hands with a pump, or is my muscle memory just rubbish?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I normally use my right hand on the trigger and the left on the pump when playing, on Sunday tried switching hands to come out of the other side of the tree I was behind and could I shoot properly pumping with my right hand? could I s*it.

I found myself pulling the trigger halfway through the pump stroke and all sorts, was never a problem with an electro or a mech. So I'm guessing what I'm saying in my best Sid James voice is "I can get along fine with a semi in either hand but if I want to empty my load quickly I have to do it right handed".

Anyone else hit this problem?

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
i'm the opposite generally pumping with my left but when i change hands i have found myself on rare occasion still trying to pump with the same hand which resulted in me looking like i was having a seizure :(

just practise i guess! take it slower to start with a deliberate pause between finishing the stroke and firing and then just speed it up

Jamie.JC.Campbell

Oct 28, 2008
Aberdeen
I know what you mean, pumping and shooting with my left hand being the trigger hand takes alot more concentration to fire quickly than it does with my right hand.

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
Its a skill i never managed to aquire so right sided its wrong

the only way i can think to improve is to practice while watching tv for hours

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I'm never going to be as good shooting on my weaker side.... but practice does help

Having hitman style pump operation can help

Last edited:
Reactions: Canon Fodder

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
After playing carentan earlier in the year , 3days and 2 nights of solid pumping an sl68ii and switching hands, its became quite natural.

Thats was over the 10k paintballs bolter reccomended though ;)

Some arm muscles you didnt know you had end up quite sore though.