Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Take me to school - regulator school!

Darkpud

It’s better burn out, than to fade away
Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
Okie dokie when I last wielded a marker it was in the mid-naughties and it was a Tippman A5 and I don’t remember any discussions about “output pressure”. You plugged and played. I recently invested in a Etha 2 and I noticed in the literature something saying the the output range for the marker is 250 > 550psi. And I’ve seen videos about high, medium and low output regulators. I bought the marker in a bunduru with a Field 48Ci 3000 psi aluminium tank. Now my question is, I just don’t get it, I presume my Field gas bottle will lower the pressure out of my bottle to 800psi and then that will pass into my Etha’s in-line regulator, reducing the pressure to whatever it needs, right? Or will I blow sumf and wreck my marker? And so, if my logic is correct, what is all the fuss about high, medium and low regulator settings? Is it sumf to do with precision and efficiency? Any feedback would be appreciate but as always be gentle.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Okie dokie when I last wielded a marker it was in the mid-naughties and it was a Tippman A5 and I don’t remember any discussions about “output pressure”. You plugged and played. I recently invested in a Etha 2 and I noticed in the literature something saying the the output range for the marker is 250 > 550psi. And I’ve seen videos about high, medium and low output regulators. I bought the marker in a bunduru with a Field 48Ci 3000 psi aluminium tank. Now my question is, I just don’t get it, I presume my Field gas bottle will lower the pressure out of my bottle to 800psi and then that will pass into my Etha’s in-line regulator, reducing the pressure to whatever it needs, right? Or will I blow sumf and wreck my marker? And so, if my logic is correct, what is all the fuss about high, medium and low regulator settings? Is it sumf to do with precision and efficiency? Any feedback would be appreciate but as always be gentle.
The high / mid / low pressure matter is a specific issue for a limited number of guns.

The vast majority will manage the pressure required internally by its inline regulator.

A bottle and regulator today won’t be running at 800psi. (((((See below from @BOD —- 800/850psi is still pretty valid today))))

The bottle pressure will be 3000psi, the output will be below 650psi
There will be an optimum pressure where the guns inline regulator will be able to refresh between shots
If the bottles regulator is adjustable then you can set for that, but most bottles today won’t be any problem for most guns today

Last edited:

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
The high / mid / low pressure matter is a specific issue for a limited number of guns.

The vast majority will manage the pressure required internally by its inline regulator.

A bottle and regulator today won’t be running at 800psi.

The bottle pressure will be 3000psi, the output will be below 650psi
There will be an optimum pressure where the guns inline regulator will be able to refresh between shots
If the bottles regulator is adjustable then you can set for that, but most bottles today won’t be any problem for most guns today
Sage Tom, thanks for your guidance. Your words have calmed my anxious mind, I didn’t want to turn up to the walk-on a be the ******* that blows out his marker. I remember many moons ago sumf like my old reg’s output was 800psi. How do I find out the regs output? Or are they all standard?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Sage Tom, thanks for your guidance. Your words have calmed my anxious mind, I didn’t want to turn up to the walk-on a be the ******* that blows out his marker. I remember many moons ago sumf like my old reg’s output was 800psi. How do I find out the regs output? Or are they all standard?
The manufacturer or someone who may be able to quote it, but generally to confirm it will mean attaching a pressure gauge

I built mine using a large gauge and the ASA from a remote line. This does the job, but with only the big screw on/off it has been a bit tight to turn when I’ve had old high pressure regulators.
A better bleed from a guns on/off ASA as shown in the video helps a lot.

Reactions: Darkpud

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
I'm going to have to disagree with Tom about the output pressure of standard bottle regs being around 650psi instead of 800psi like they used to be, as most basic mechanical site type of guns don't really work to well on pressures as low as 650psi, they're still designed to run off co2 which is around 800-850psi.

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
I'm going to have to disagree with Tom about the output pressure of standard bottle regs being around 650psi instead of 800psi like they used to be, as most basic mechanical site type of guns don't really work to well on pressures as low as 650psi, they're still designed to run off co2 which is around 800-850psi.
Bod the wise! Thanks for chipping in. So am I good to go with the Aluminium Field bottle? I presume the Etha 2 can handle the step down to 800-850psi then regulate that pressure to what it needs to operate?

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Bod the wise! Thanks for chipping in. So am I good to go with the Aluminium Field bottle? I presume the Etha 2 can handle the step down to 800-850psi then regulate that pressure to what it needs to operate?
with out knowing what the etha2 is designed to run at i couldn't say whether a standard reg is suitable, the actual bottle makes no difference, it's the reg attached to it that counts, best thing i can say is read the manual and see what that says about input pressure, i'm sure it will be online somewhere.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
remember when they say "ideal" air system output they're talking about the best output, but a standard reg at 800psi should still work and not damage the gun, but it's not the optimal one.

Reactions: Tom and Darkpud

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
Okie dokie thanks for all the input! So I did sum research and saw that Eclipse has a tech page and saw that there was a telephone number. I found the pressure too great (excuse the pun) so I rang eclipse and the helpful dude said, very nicely, stop being a pleb the marker can handle the setup (800psi) just fine, Bod you were on the money. So worrying for nothing. Anywho I’ll look to invest in sum Ninja tech soon. Thanks again everyone for the input.

Reactions: mikey1975 and Tom