Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

tank

manchello

Jul 26, 2012
I have a LUXFER p12e-1 air tank thinking to send it of tomorrow for a retest as its been out of date for a while death date is 2020/05 would it be worth sendibg of to sell if it passes test?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I have a LUXFER p12e-1 air tank thinking to send it of tomorrow for a retest as its been out of date for a while death date is 2020/05 would it be worth sendibg of to sell if it passes test?
It has 7 years of life, so is just over half way through

To get its full lifetime will still need two tests, one now to get it usable, and one anytime from 2015 to 2018 (EG test now and it's valid to 2018, but will have 2 years left when the current test expires)

Best if you can test without paying for postage

As for resale value fibre cylinders often go for about £80 irrespective of the lifetime
A depreciated value would be a little complex depending on the buyers opinion on retesting for 2 years

So it would either be worth 5 years of life - (estimated 15 year lifetime cost £200, so cylinder with 5 years life is depreciated to £66, or if you count 7 years then its depreciated to £93, but you have to deduct the last test to achieve that remaining life = £68 (assuming a test without postage) with limited life on the last test gaining only 2 years a test over £25 isn't realy financialy viable)

The 'value' based on a comparison to it as a second hand cylinder as opposed to a new cylinder is in the region of £60

Basic answer is yes - it's worth testing
If doing so to sell on then its best done sooner then later to maximise viability

manchello

Jul 26, 2012
Well im sending it off monday as I use the works carrier service for free :p sneak it on if you can recommend anywhere that would be great
Tony

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hpac or lips
But even though you can get free postage to send you are still paying them to post it back
If you can handover to someone such as hpac at an event and arrange to collect at a later event, or check your local dive shop then you could just pay the test fee

manchello

Jul 26, 2012
I know there at paintfest but I am working that weekend :( I have searched for hpac online and cant find a site for rhem I found a link on here and the domain was dead :/ ifi knew I could pasd it on id happily pay the return pnp. Just have no need for a tank like this as it will b a waste for my requirements