The Home Of European Paintball

Tha $64,000 question...

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
Do they want to fly half way around the world to play in a swamp?

Fair enough..And while MG didnt get off to a good start due to weather,I think LA will have a good showing for X..The Fairplex is definatlely a better venue than say SC or the Alario Center..

But my point was,is it finacially feasible to be sending U.S. teams halfway around the world when you can just add another team like Strange,Dynasty,Evil,or BC to the mix??Seems it would be wise to only have to fly my team from Ny to Mia than say Ny to Moscow,dont ya think??

And could ya see the NXL boys training over there??I have fond memories of Rocky 4 with Stallone running up mountains,carrying wood,and running from his KGB minders:p Ivan Drago rules!!

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Well, there was more to the MGO Xball attendence than has been said. Lots of people were watching Xball on Saturday, both the players between games and their girlfriends/wives and alternates who were bored at the time and wanted a change of pace, celebrity bit aside of course. As to how many people from the outside came to watch it, well, other than if they're not wearing a jersey it was hard to tell and with the soggy conditions we don't know how many might have come if everything had been nice. I didn't see any posters, newspaper ads, or billboards up for it, which if they're expecting anyone to show up for it they'd better have them in the future or might as well just pack it all up and stay home next time. If nothing else MGO showed exactly how much of a gamble the whole idea is and how much it's going to suck if they don't fill the stands.