Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

the sky is the limit

martin

am member
Dec 12, 2001
Visit site
hi i am trying to convince my team mates or any other stupid people to jump out of a air plane if any one out there is also stupid drop me a line. i am too scared to go on my own. (free fall by the way) come on maxem it won't hurt.:D

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Originally posted by martin
hi i am trying to convince my team mates or any other stupid people to jump out of a air plane if any one out there is also stupid drop me a line. i am too scared to go on my own. (free fall by the way) come on maxem it won't hurt.:D
You crazy, crazy man! Getting shot at with paintball travelling at 300 fps is one thing - but jumping out of a perfectly good plane is just plane insane!! :eek:

Alright guys and Gals!!

Me is a proper Parrot Shootist and have been doing it for the past two years. If anyone needs any information, has any questions and worries or just wants someone to jump with then feel free to drop me a line.

Hope this helps,

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
IMHO Jumping out of a plane is only fun for people somewhat scared of hights (they get a rush of adrenaline) or for people with little or no imagination

Before you ask, yes I have done a parachute jump myself (about 10 years back). I didn't find it either particularly enjoyable or scary for that matter. You just kind of fall, the chute opens, you continue to fall but slower, you hit the ground (and in my case get dragged a bit)

Where's the fun? I just don't get it!

Maybe it's just me though, because I must admit that the vast majority of people who try it seem to get off on it

Right then here goes (i can feel a rant coming on!!).......

Firstly let me apologise. I know that this forum is for paintball related stuff, well bollox to that for now, coz i'm pissed of!!!

John, mate, you are officially talking CRAP! What you did is known as a static line jump (maybe did a tandem) and that is what the majority of students do to get qualoified to go on to FreeFall. As far as not finding it scary (bull****!) and enjoyable (sad git!) well all i can say is dam you must have lead one hell of an exciting life for a parachute jump to have had such a little effect on you! I've been skydiving for two years now (almost!!) and am able to jump from over 14000ft thats roughly 5km above the ground. I am at total peace with myself and can do anything i want in a truly three dimensional world. The people i jump with and party with after are secoind only to p8ntballers in their friendliness and willingness to help. I do all kinds of so called extreme sports and believe me when i tell you that nothing compares to Skydiving for an adrenaline rush.

As for describoing it as something that people with little or no imagination do then please tell me why you aren't one of the leading parachutists in the country!!

Do me a favour and next time you want to criticise something then at least have the half arsed decencey to know what you are talking about. Its like a newbie criticising paintball after one game. In the famous words of the fat bloke from The Lebowski "Shut theF&*k up dude, you have not point of reference here!!"
:mad:

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Firstly I've got to say that if I'd known I could get a bite like this from you Hermitt I would have said this ages ago :p

Additionally I did start my post with 'IMHO' and finished by admitting that I seem to be in a minority. I can only assume you believe that anybody who isn't as wildly enthusiastic as you should not be entitled to an opinion... for shame

It was a static-line jump I did. Just throw yourself out the door, not skydiving I'll admit but I bet from the majority laymans perspective it's the actual initial chucking yourself from the plane that's the worrying part (anybody disagree?)

I really didn't find it all that scary. It's a philosophical issue not a claim I'm any braver than anyone else, as a pretty fatalistic guy I decided that if the chute didn't work I'd be pretty much certain to die on impact and nobody lives for ever so where's the source of fear? (Maybe I'm more Zen than I think) Nb. I wouldn't bungee jump btw, the possibility of death I can deal with, becoming a vegetable is a whole different ball-game

I'm not really anti-parachuting (or parachutists), and I can see why some people would like it, it's just I don't personally get it. If you could explain it to me (rationally) I'll listen. I stand by my point of view that it's the "danger" or "fear" element that provides the adrenaline rush

As for calling me a 'Sad Git' for not finding it particularly enjoyable personal insults are uncalled for mate. You (and many others no doubt) may think my attitude to this one is a bit weird but people are different, I may have had little trouble (compared with all the other first-timers who jumped with me) chucking myself out of a perfectly good aircraft but on the other hand Spiders scare the crap outta me ;)

Don't go getting upset man!!!......

I was just going for the kill!! Nah, i was just having a turkish mate!!:D ;) And we all know that you of all people shouldn't be entitled to an opinion anywayz!!LOL. And as a matter of point you ARE a sad git!!

Seriously though, it ain't for everyone and it is fair to say thr variety of reactions are as great as the number of people that do it! The thrill does come, to some degree, from the initial throwing yourself outta plane thought but then turns into far more when you start properly Skydiving. Then it is a matter of true freedom that cannot be experienced on terra firma. The ability to travel vertically and horizontally at over 200mph under your own steam (plus gravity!!) is unrivalled and in astrange way it brings you very close to those you jump with (a shared extreme experience?). I too am far to fatalistic for my own good, but even still there is a certain fear. There has to be otherwise you put yourself and those around you at risk, since fear is what makes the sport so safe. No fear means you take unnneccessary risks, you dont check your kit, you become selfish, you become unaware of the dangers facing you and others and put all at serious risk. If there wasn't a fear of hitting the ground at a great rate of knots and dying we wouldn't wear parachutes in the first place!!

I was just f*&king wit ya man, no offence meant!! Hehehehe!:D :D

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Right then here goes (i can feel a rant coming on!!).......

First of all - I did a bungee jump in the states about 3 years ago now and I thought that it was a fantastic experience and I can only imagine how many times better a parachute jump would be! (I'm still not gonna jump out of a perfectly good plane though!!!)

Originally posted by HERMITT
In the famous words of the fat bloke from The Lebowski "Shut theF&*k up dude, you have not point of reference here!!"
:mad:
Also, I just want to say that The Big Lebowski rocks!! If you haven't seen it - you must! He'll remind you of the guy you wish you could be (in a sense) - or as the case with most of you, probably the guy (sorry ladies out there!) you already are!! All hail the Dude :D

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
No Problem Hermitt. How's the polar north btw?

Nb. I wouldn't claim not to be a Sad Git I just disagree with your initial reason for calling me one :)

Jump, don't jump it's a personal choice

But to be honest I still don't f@*king get it man... you could explain it to me from now to the end of time and I bet I still wouldn't f@*king get it!