Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

thinking of getting a un1tech barrel

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
Whats peoples thoughts on them, any good or bad experiences?

also on the styling advice side here is a not so recent picture of my 05 ego, it now has a cure bolt an a dust gold star trigger and etek 2 grips installed. see below.

http://www.codiak.btinternet.co.uk/pgi/marker.jpg

currently fitted with a 2 piece shaft barrel with a gloss black back and dust gold front.

here is a pic of the un1tech barrels

http://www.codiak.btinternet.co.uk/pgi/un1tech.jpg

seems there are no dust gold options from warped website, so it will have to be a dust silver barrel but I really cant decide between dust silver, dust black or gloss black for a back, what do you think? dont want to spoil the current look too much. can always look into an anno job on the barrel later.

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
UN1TECH's are the most awesome things ever. shoot nice, lightweight and should a break occur I'm usually shooting straight in a couple of shots, and I genuinely mean a couple not reel half a hopper off.

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
Use them on my shockers, love them, I refused to use my hybrid when I got it as I would have had to use a freak, so waited till a un1tec popped up, nothing else compares, especially as the are cheap as hell.

O

ollytheosteo

I used one of the new 16" Unitechs all day yesterday at the Masters and it was great- very light, not a broken ball in sight and as accurate as any other I've used bar Palmer's brass:)

ION_CRAZY

Upgrade your Game
Jul 11, 2005
UK
www.paintball-upgrades.co.uk
you say its cheap, but only if you buy 1 bore, i mean if you buy 685,689 and 693 bores and 1 back, at its cheapest its £76, in comparison, the complete freak kit is £86, or the powerlyte Scepter barrel with 7 inserts is £75, or the deadlywind barrel with 3 inserts is around £72. So i would say its a good barrel, but, only for 1 or 2 bores.

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
The inserts are far cheaper to make in freaks and suck as it's a 3 or 4 inch bit of ally or SS, plus mine cost me in total just under £75 for 2 backs and 3 fronts (un1tec that is) straight from lucky, one of the backs was bought on here however. If you take that out it was under £70 for 3 fronts and a back shipped.

Get the same amount from the others cost you an arm and a leg, effectively you have in terms of a freak, 1 back, 3 inserts and 3 front sections, thats where I make my comparison, plus they are much better due to the consistant bore through the length of the barrel.

O

ollytheosteo

For me the best feature is the single bore with no step, wide front section or worries as to insert sizing or alignment and that's worth paying for. QC on alloy Freak inserts is very hit and miss and the new Powerlyte kits have a shorter back section than I like. The Deadlywind is a nice barrel but you need to get hard to find stainless inserts to get the best from it or you're stuck with the more dubious alloy ones again.

Goodbeer

Jan 23, 2006
wales
Visit site
you dont rly need several bore sizes unless your shooting loads of diff brands of paint with a un1tec ive only ever used my 89 and 93 and they are fantastic barrels for the money plus plenty of diff colours n mixes to choose from and if ure switching guns then u only have to replace the back section which will only cost you about a tenner for a diff thread.