Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

This board is ****

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Cast your mind back to the first few days of the new board. People were saying that having post counts would result in people talking a load of bollox in an attempt to get loads of stars. Naa, I thought, surely not.

Cripes, take a look. With the exception of one or two major posters, the board has turned it to a f in jumping off spot for dickheads talking ****.

Decent paintball threads are like a f in oasis on this board. Go on, have a look round - half the time you wouldn't be able to tell what the theme of the board is, mind you you'd be forgiven for thinking it had summat to do with nonces and mummy's boys.

How's that JM?

Justin Owen

American BadAss
Jul 10, 2001
Kenner, LA USA
Visit site
seriously tho...

...it's all in good fun, and I think all things are relative. Like I've been talking lots of **** today, but if you compare our daily post averages, yours is higher than mine. Does that mean you're more guilty of engaging in this crime than myself? I don't think so...that just means you use it for your purposes more than I do. It's all good.

This board in particular is meant, I think, to be more of a trash-talking fun farce type of atmosphere. I'm rather thankful for the smiles it brings me.
;) :D

~Justin~

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Most people start a thread regarding a certain topic. Usually the opinions for each thread are discussed in the first couple of pages. After the topic has been thouroughly discussed we usually end up joking around with each other. It's all in good fun. The Techroom forum is the classic example. I had a few problems with my gun solved by the people of this board, and have gotten suggestions on modifications. Someone asks a question, the first few answers fix the problem, then everyone jokes around. The requestor no longer needs help, so where is the harm in it? Granted, there are some threads that seem to have no point, but they actually do have some entertainment value. I have the feeling most people will adhere to the topic of this thread, but after a couple of pages the tread will probably stray. Regarding the stars: I joke about wanting them, but I really don't care if I have one or seven.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by rancid
Cast your mind back to the first few days of the new board. People were saying that having post counts would result in people talking a load of bollox in an attempt to get loads of stars. Naa, I thought, surely not.

Cripes, take a look. With the exception of one or two major posters, the board has turned it to a f in jumping off spot for dickheads talking ****.

Decent paintball threads are like a f in oasis on this board. Go on, have a look round - half the time you wouldn't be able to tell what the theme of the board is, mind you you'd be forgiven for thinking it had summat to do with nonces and mummy's boys.

How's that JM?
Bad day at the office Rancid ?????????
But I do see what you mean :)
Robbo

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think the point Rancid is trying to make ( I don't wanna put words in his mouth but for the purposes of this post, I will) is that in general terms, this bulletin board is supposed to be a paintball resource, for the use of everyone and under the umbrella description of paintball related.
Of coure, from time to time threads will digress from initial subject matter but at times this board is more like a frikkin mother's meeting at the local supermarket, where if you looked at the content of some threads, it has absolutely no relevance to either paintball or anybody outside of that partiuclar thread or subject line.
Now, these type correspondences are probably best served by a chat room or telephone but they seem to evolve on here for some reason.
There will always be 'banter' between posters but I think there comes a time that when threads like the 'Chat Room' thread which has nearly 900 posts and only 3600 views needs to be looked at.
For the most part that thread is bollocks talk and the post / view ratio tells us that the only people looking at it are the posters themselves which in a way, defeats the object of this board.
However, I think the 'Speak Your Brains' section is a bit of a one off and not really representative of the whole forum and so should not be viewed as such.
This thread initiated by Rancid makes some valid points but I do not think we have too much to worry about as a quick click on the mouse to another area of the forum soon reveals the real value of this board.
So, in conclusion, I agree with Rancid, Inferno and Brainguard16.
Peace to all :)
Robbo