Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

This Forum ...

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
Has run out of fun threads these days ... like ones where people are generally amazing and come up with fun or more interacting threads each week.

I maybe posting this in an inebriated state, but I feel a point is being made.

Bring back the good ole days where people chatted crap about each other and generally had a good time at weekends.

Look at it this way name 4 good threads that have happened at weekends that are none paintball related in the last month ... struggling? me too!

Much love

Viva la DCF.

Kitch

Super'5ives'Man
Jul 10, 2001
Sexy South
Visit site
1a. Plummeting iq in the vast majority of members, ensuring a keep clear approach to all threads beginning 'pritty mush stan dard'.

1b. Now seeing what is happening to the industry, happening to teams and the player base, all the teams thinking the big time was just around the corner believed what they needed was then next 15 year old bunker monkey to train and mold into the next Ollie. When the dissalusion starts to bite it's always the older guys who start to jack it in, the 30 somethings who do the organisation and generally sort stuff out, leaving behind all the now 16 year olds who know how to play, know what to wear, are damn sure they are the next ollie, but couldn't book themselves into a tourney, let alone get there and have paint to shoot.

2. Cook$ no longer being a plat/staying sober.

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
because all the cool people dont play paintball anymore so therefore have a life and visit this forum a lot less
amirite?

Mr Blooty

Mr Blooty
Sep 11, 2009
Tunbridge Wells
OI! Less of the "OLD"!

When the dissalusion starts to bite it's always the older guys who start to jack it in, the 30 somethings who do the organisation and generally sort stuff out, leaving behind all the now 16 year olds who know how to play, know what to wear, are damn sure they are the next ollie, but couldn't book themselves into a tourney, let alone get there and have paint to shoot.
Just to let you know,I'm 30. I've decided to get back into the game,got a new marker on order (Phantoms just won't cut it anymore:)) and I'm looking to start a team in West Kent. Point is,you're never too old! The "disillusionment" only comes when the desire to win everything outways the love of playing the game! Take Tourneys seriously by all means but don't put too much pressure on yourselves or the young'ns - you'll get bored and the new guys need nurturing - not shouting at!

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
Just to let you know,I'm 30. I've decided to get back into the game,got a new marker on order (Phantoms just won't cut it anymore:)) and I'm looking to start a team in West Kent. Point is,you're never too old! The "disillusionment" only comes when the desire to win everything outways the love of playing the game! Take Tourneys seriously by all means but don't put too much pressure on yourselves or the young'ns - you'll get bored and the new guys need nurturing - not shouting at!
Dsyike (Sorry I will never learn how to spell that name) -

This is the kind of response to threads I'm on about ... everyone's become a human thesaurus over night. Same old drivvle just another day.

Players leaving the sport that made me chuckle also is a factor.

I'm just think things need to lighten the hell up! We're in a recession lets cheer the heck up guys!

I also believe we should bring back the anon forum where people could just lay it out no matter who or what gets in there.

Rants are fun ...

DCF - if it ain't broke, then we haven't been round.

Kitch

Super'5ives'Man
Jul 10, 2001
Sexy South
Visit site
Well I'm 38 and have been playing more or less solidly since 1989 and have seen a lot of change over that time.

Dsyike (Sorry I will never learn how to spell that name) -

This is the kind of response to threads I'm on about ... everyone's become a human thesaurus over night. Same old drivvle just another day.

Players leaving the sport that made me chuckle also is a factor.

I'm just think things need to lighten the hell up! We're in a recession lets cheer the heck up guys!

I also believe we should bring back the anon forum where people could just lay it out no matter who or what gets in there.

Rants are fun ...

DCF - if it ain't broke, then we haven't been round.
I agree but the point I am sort of vaguely making is that with the shift in the player base, there are less people on here that make you laugh and more that you laugh at, which while is a valuble resource of humour, it does smack of 'paintballers do the funniest things'