Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Thoughts on Nexus!!

Jack Wood

May 7, 2002
Visit site
Hi guys
Just wanted to say thank you for all the support that you have shown for us over the last week. It has been very touching.

I also wanted to give you some of my thoughts on how the weekend went.
As you know, this year is our "training" year, and the reason we decided to play these events was to literally drop ourselves in at the deep end to drive ourselves up a very steep learning curve.
After Huntington it wopuld have been easy to just say s#it, we're no good enough for this. But Pete took us back to the UK and has had 2 months to re-construct the teams thinking and approach to the game.
At Uttoxeter, it was obvious that what we were getting there, and I think we impressed a lot of people with our approach and thinking towards how we feel the game should be played.
But, all I can say is, the people who watched us at Utoxeter only saw 10% of what we delivered here in Vegas.
In the 1/4 finals we beet the Legion in a very hard game that had us bunkering the russians all over the field and ended with Nicky T in a 1-on-1 with the last RL guy. But before that point we had totally dominated the game, with myself, bowen, Jamie all making the RL 30 line, Junior and Tommy Gunner doing the coolest run-thoughs and the RL walking off not knowing what hit them.
Avalanche was just a cluster f*ck, and they beat us.
Then Dynasty. We dropped one on the break, well, 2 if you count the fact that Junior got shot in the back on the break, by one of our own players, If he had been alive, we had 7 players live with Junior on the left 50 A and Tommy in the 50 A complex in the centre of the field. We took a couple more Dynasty and lost Bowen and then Jamie mugged the right 50 A, not knowing Ledz had shot the Dynasty on the way in. Doh!
After that lot, we got down to three on three but they then had the better positions and beat us.
But we really took it to them.
Apart from those 2 small mistakes, that was a Nexus win in what could have been under 3 minutes. As it was, Dynasty did what they do and with even numbers, slowely turned the game.
And so we went home.
It's no great shame, when out of the 4 teams in the Finals, you had beaten 2 of them, and lost to one of them. And in the 11 games we played we only got beat by 2 teams, And 2 very good teams!
So, looking forward to getting home, and then back out here in 2 months for the Chicago NPPL.
COME ON!!!!

Jack Wood

L J

big big titties
i was amazed when the first scores cam through and you guys were ripping up the Americans... couldnt believe if after HB.

i think u definetly brought some whoops ass FINALLY to the americans!! maybe they will think twice about Brit/Euro teams from now on...as was it 4 out of the 6 finalists were euro or sumthing:confused:

Well done guyS!!!!!

Roland

Comrade Trogski
Jul 11, 2002
Eccleshall, Staffordshire
Visit site
Well done, an excellent result.!:D

Hopefully this will be an inspiration to other UK teams.

The Yanks can be beaten!:D

Unfortunately I am past it, if only I were twenty years (or should that be thirty years) younger! :(

So I will leave the glory to you young studs!

Well done Nexus you have done us proud!:D

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Well done lads. Its good to have a team in the UK that can compete up there with the best of them. Like you say it is your first year, and things can only get better from this point on. Even if you didn't do too well this year, which I know wasn't your goal you get the lads all knowing how the rest of the guys play/'think :) can only led to good things

Dave

mikeyR

Apr 3, 2003
Sussex, England
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Well done guys on a terrific achievement. Finally a British team that can go to the States and take it to them. Way to go!!

Youve given me a warm fuzzy glow this morning.................

...................its called pride you pervert!:D

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Nice one Jack. Blinding result :cool:

Now we need the UK to be in the finals consistently, disseminate the skills back the UK player base, get more teams travelling to and playing in the USA, and then take over the WORLD!

Bwuahahah.... oops did I just let out my master plan?

Seriously. Fantastic result. Keep up the great work.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
kick ass result, nice one fellas!

and jack with the guns you been making you dont need to thank US for anything we should be thanking you!

i havnt had the chance yet but i cant wait to watch nexus play!:D

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Congrats guys.

This is Tom Pemberton running down and succesfully eliminating one of Russian Legion's key bunker positoins that was targetted from the start.
Junior Brown had already done the same move and eliminated the first player in that position.