Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Time for winter paint???

tombut716

Team Proteus Founder & UKPSF Member #5993
May 13, 2013
Cheshire
Is it time yet for winter paint? This will be my first winter spell playing so don't know the ins and outs of when to stop using normal paint and start using winter paint?

tombut716

Team Proteus Founder & UKPSF Member #5993
May 13, 2013
Cheshire
What is wrong with using normal paint? Does the paint get thicker or does it affect the shell?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I personally find it becomes unusably brittle after being out in the cold for a short while.

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
What!? You mean you don't use polar ice all year round?
Granted in the summer I only use it when planning to knock out a seal but hey! If it works don't change it eh? ;)

But yeah keep an eye on the temp as if last year is anything to go by then we will be using a lot of winter boxes again! I've been shot with frozen paint before and it does smart a little!

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
But yeah keep an eye on the temp as if last year is anything to go by then we will be using a lot of winter boxes again! I've been shot with frozen paint before and it does smart a little!
^ Urban myth, you cant actually freeze paintballs, the shell will just become brittle, warped and dimpled, whilst the paint will just get a bit thicker, you would need liquid nitrogen to properly freeze a paintball hard and it would sharp thaw out anyway.

Im up in the north, and we are still using empire heat through site guns with no issues (breach or barrel) i was firing all star on Sunday with no issues, so i would say not quite the time for polar ice.

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
^ Urban myth, you cant actually freeze paintballs, the shell will just become brittle, warped and dimpled, whilst the paint will just get a bit thicker, you would need liquid nitrogen to properly freeze a paintball hard and it would sharp thaw out anyway.

Im up in the north, and we are still using empire heat through site guns with no issues (breach or barrel) i was firing all star on Sunday with no issues, so i would say not quite the time for polar ice.
True but damn feels frozen when you play in the snow! Does smart a little.