Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann 98C starter upgrades

jagerpirate

--East Coast NV--
Oct 26, 2007
Aberdeen
dude, ignore Kirby, CO2 is allowed but Air is better. don't get a gillie suit, they're pointless.

Yeah, a walk-on is where you can go and play with your own kit.

uprades for a 98 (which is a perfectly good starter marker, many people start with worse):
Barrel as said, J&J are good.
HPA, you said this yourself so get this after a barrel
Stock, as said only if your using a remote line

bhp addict

HMC - Diamond Wars 2010!
May 22, 2009
Birmingham/Coventry
Thanks mate.

No not going to bother with a suit, lol, dont worry!?!

I will probably be mainly around either National Paintball Fields or Midland Paintball Centre TBH so yes, walk-on's are what I'm after.

J&J barrell next then. I will play with it as is first so I feel the benefit of the new barrell, same with HPA. That will be upgraded over time (as long as both NPF and MPC both have CO2 avail)

Stock - I like the way they look and I would imagine it might make things a little more comfortable. I am hoping to get remote line too to as i have a 6+1 battle pack already.

Not going to spend too much because as said already, chances are I'll be changing the marker as time goes on lol.

jagerpirate

--East Coast NV--
Oct 26, 2007
Aberdeen
pretty different mate, Im not sure about the newer 98s but unless they've changed, the 98 has its own one. just check when your buying. altho I think someone makes adaptors.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Different markers use different threads - for example a lot use autococker threaded barrells. You'll just need to check that any barrel you buy for the Tipman is suitable.

I think you got a fair deal for what you've bought, but Tipman 98s aren't the greatest guns. They're bullet proof, but heavy and over engineered. If you get really into the sport, you'll find that modern electros are lighter, just as tough, smaller, smoother and capable of much faster speeds.

However, your tippy will get you out playing and do the job! I would just personally avoid putting lots of upgrades into it. Most (stocks, sights, mags etc) have no impact beyond the cosmetic, and the few that do improve performance are so expensive that you'd have been better buying a new marker for what they cost! A new barrel will help, but try and buy secondhand so you can shift it later without losing money.

bhp addict

HMC - Diamond Wars 2010!
May 22, 2009
Birmingham/Coventry
Thanks mate. I'll keep my eyes peeled!

I have seen the adaptors. I think I saw a 32 degrees one.
J&J barrel I'll buy anyway and hpa will also do for upgrade if and when I do go for something a bit more special ;)

SamFlyZ

Geo 2.1 | 2K5 Alias
Mar 27, 2009
Exmouth, Devon
Get HPA if you're using Co2.

Get an eletric hopper (Halo or whatever)

Then save up (no offence) for a better gun, tippman's aren't extremely good apart from being in the woods. I'd recommend a Proto SLG UL. You get them at www.lipspaintball.com for about £200 i think.

SJ