Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

tippmann a5 drop forward & on/off asa

Tincs

retired from reality :-)
Nov 9, 2007
NEWQUAY
hello Luke
does what it says on the tin mate...drop forward ( drops the bottle down ) and forward ( moves it forward.anywhere from 2inches to five ish ) but if you are using a A5 then you will more comfort/balance from a remote as the A5 is a heavy marker so moving the bottle to the rear will reduce weight...tincs

Luke1471

All the gear no idea
Nov 7, 2007

ohh i see do you think they are better?

and yea please biigjim that will be great

biigjim

all the gear no idea
Sep 6, 2008
sunny hertfordshie
Right here we are, the drop forward i have is a pretty meaty one, ermm not to everybody's taste but it works well for me with the stock, as the bottle then sits in my arm pit area. It's fairly weighty but then i'm a chunky munky.....:D the asa is the little cylinder type thing at the bottom that the air bottle is screwed into, the tip of this screws down and "activates" the air...(sorry for the piss poor english but it's nearing 11pm) if you have no other physical "ups" eg stock etc then a remote is probably the way to go as this bad boy is nearly a meter long, inc barrel, and as i said it weighs a bit too. Hope this helps you make your decision any more questions just post up.
Oh just a note, if you do decide to go with one, then you will also need an adapter from your grip..... should be able to see the little piece with "lapco" at the bottom of my grip. It's all really easy to fit, just allen bolts.
laters Jim

Luke1471

All the gear no idea
Nov 7, 2007

oh cheers so you think that its better on?

and what screws do i need to undo?

Luke1471

All the gear no idea
Nov 7, 2007

hi here is what i have done so far,

do i need a shorter hose thinggy lol
and i dont know how you take the end bit off

biigjim

all the gear no idea
Sep 6, 2008
sunny hertfordshie
Luke before you start swapping hoses, put your bottle in and make sure the balance is ok for you, no point doing ALL the work if you end up hating how this feels. if it's cool you need to remove the hose from your current ASA (probably helpful to remove the hose from the a5 as well by releasing the tombstone catch and removing push bolt that holds it in)
To release the silver braid hose from the ASA, hold the ASA in something thats not going to mark it up, like a set of soft jaw grips or somesuch.....and then put a pair of adjustable spanners on the flat part of the silver elbow going into the ASA and turn anticlockwise to undo.
Then take your new ASA and wind the threaded elbow you just removed in a clockwise direction into the ASA not forgetting to clean the thread first of any old crap on there and applying a new thread seal loctite or some such.... i use some plumbing gear from work so one of the other boys on here will be able to say what exactly....
Pop your tombstone back in and you should be set. oh yeah test for any leaks...:)

hope this helps it may be a bit rambling but hey, i just got back from 15 hours at work.

Oh and this probably should have gone in tech troubles, sorry moddy's if i been bad :D