Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

tippmann gryphon or gog enmey?

TheNorfolkBaller

John Sutton
May 31, 2013
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
I've owned both, I can truly say that if you're looking for a good starting electronic marker get the enmey, where as if you're playing woods ball, the gryphon would dominate in accuracy and with a quick trigger finger you can send a pod down the field in less than 20 seconds. I find that starting off with a mechanical marker will improve your knowledge of paintball whereas starting with an electronic marker may be abit more "technical" for a newer type player.

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
I've owned both, I can truly say that if you're looking for a good starting electronic marker get the enmey, where as if you're playing woods ball, the gryphon would dominate in accuracy and with a quick trigger finger you can send a pod down the field in less than 20 seconds. I find that starting off with a mechanical marker will improve your knowledge of paintball whereas starting with an electronic marker may be abit more "technical" for a newer type player.
They are both mechanical. Get the enmey, it's a better marker

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
The eNMEy is a mech, not electronic and given quality paint will be as accurate as any other marker, regardless of cost.

The eNMEy is a far better marker than the Gryphon, definitely the one to choose.

TheNorfolkBaller

John Sutton
May 31, 2013
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
  • Electropneumatic Upgrade Path – Not to be confused with “sear tripper” electronic grip frames for hammer-and-spring paintball markers, the optional eNMEy electronic trigger upgrade provides true electropneumatic operation for increased rates of fire, more firing modes and an even lighter trigger pull.
This is the Enmey I had. Upgraded, sure, but in woodsball the gryphon wins handsdown everytime.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
  • Electropneumatic Upgrade Path – Not to be confused with “sear tripper” electronic grip frames for hammer-and-spring paintball markers, the optional eNMEy electronic trigger upgrade provides true electropneumatic operation for increased rates of fire, more firing modes and an even lighter trigger pull.
This is the Enmey I had. Upgraded, sure, but in woodsball the gryphon wins handsdown everytime.
The eNMEy electro upgrade frame hasn't been released yet. Are you sure you didn't have an eNVy (physically similar to the eNMEy but with a double-triggered electro frame)? The Gryphon is a simple blowback semi (effectively the same the the Tippmann 98 internals), rather than the fully pneumatic spool valve eNMEy. It's a far more basic marker, regardless of where you're playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: outkastmike

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
The Enmey is probably the best value for money out there at the moment and costing £108,it's an absolute steal and it has a good potential upgrade path unlike the Gryphon which at most is only giving you the option of fitting a better barrel.

If your determined to get a Tippmann based gun then the best bang for buck option would be the tippmann 98 which at least has an upgrade path if that's your thing and they can be picked up second hand cheap as chips.