Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann Response Trigger, Uk Legal?

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
i am just wondering if the tippmann response trigger is uk legal, i am not sure how it works, the guy says it "appears" to fire one ball on the pull and one ball on the release.

I ask this because i was looking into getting an A5 with all the trimmings imported from the states for a friend.

Many thanks guys :).

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
yeh well he is like a Gi joe type dude, in the TA and things, so anything that makes more noise or feels like his sa-80 is going to make him happy.

thanks anyway pig dude :).

mikeyR

Apr 3, 2003
Sussex, England
Originally posted by le-pig
nope m8,one shot per trigger pull and release only:)
also wouldn't recomend a a5,they feel like there shaking themselves to death:eek: :D
The Response Trigger is completly legal in the UK, except for tournament use. You may find that some events or site owners say you cannot use them but thats usually based on ill informed prejudice that make's them think it fires 'full auto' because of the very high ROF that is achievable.

And A5 do not 'shake themselves to death' :rolleyes: The build quality on a Tippmann means it is solid as rock and can take a hell of a beating. If your mate just wants to play Recball he's buying the best. I would recommend he buys it in the UK for 2 reasons - if he gets charged VAT it will probably end up costing him the same as if he had bought it here and just to have the peace of mind that if something goes wrong, the place he bought it from should/can fix it.

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
Well unless they can beat £285 delivered for A5, flatline, remote hose, RT kit, 20 oz co2 and pod pack then hes gonna get it from the states. And yes, the Exchange rate is that good at the mo :).

To be honest i dont think the remote hose is a good idea, but at this price, it can always be used as a dog lead or somethin.

Thanks for the advice guys, ill catch you later. - Ste.

mikeyR

Apr 3, 2003
Sussex, England
Originally posted by steroberts
Well unless they can beat £285 delivered for A5, flatline, remote hose, RT kit, 20 oz co2 and pod pack then hes gonna get it from the states. And yes, the Exchange rate is that good at the mo :).

To be honest i dont think the remote hose is a good idea, but at this price, it can always be used as a dog lead or somethin.

Thanks for the advice guys, ill catch you later. - Ste.
Thats certainly a great price. :)

The remote hose is a good idea - if your going to play an 6 - 8 hour scenario game not carrying the extra weight of a gas bottle is great. What's not so great is the CO2 bottle.

Whilst the A5, like all Tippmanns, is CO2 tolerant in certain circumstances the Cyclone feed can struggle to cycle or even freeze up. The sooner he invests in air the better (4500psi, 800 output the preferred option).

The flatline barrel can also cause problems if you set the velocity too high, try and get it to 250 - 260 max. As with all equipment it will be down to the user how they set it up; this is just some advice from experience.

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
thanks dude, much apprectiated all this advice, ill be sure to pass it on :).

You at star wars? If im there i might have to to throw a drink in your direction in return for some more wisdom, lol. :D.

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
just be awaire that Co2 bottles fall into the same catagory as Air bottles here, if the Co2 bottle is tested to US standards i.e. DOT you may have trouble getting it filled in the UK.

So if you are gonna get the stuff from the states cool, but get your bottle here to save having to buy a new one.