Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Todays formula 5's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
As no one has posted so far, or they have all gone to bed from exhaustion, il be the first to say that todays formula 5's tournament was abosolutley fantastic, havent had this much fun playing tournament paintball in a long time, and if you read gadgets much more eloquent post from the last tournament you will understand why!

Everyone on the team had a massive smile after every game, which leads nicely to the point its such good value for money; so much trigger time and its such a rush playing constantly, fighting to get the buzzer and then defending it from the baddies!! It takes the focus away from the refs and let the players decide the game, lose a guy and it doesnt matter, he can be replaced in a matter of seconds, and for anyone who thinks uncamped ramping is a bad idea, there way off, it doesnt make much difference at all.

Most importantly i would like to say a big thank you to all the organizers (Ray Cain and Jon Sosta) the marshals, Bolter and Jon Bonich from Storm who offered me a chance to guest, then Outrage (allstars) for having me on there team, with Lump and Lemon as well was great to meet and play with you.

This was the first time anyone on the team had played F5's and in the end we were the outright winners for the day.

This seriously needs to take off big style, and if your reading this then you need to come check it out!!

Il try and answer any questions if needed

Cheers

Chris

Hawks

Oct 19, 2009
Just a quick one as am very tired.

What a good day, will post more later in week if i get chance.

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
Well said Chris!! And it was lovely meeting and playing with you too! :cool:

Well...I have to say WOW!! This is why I play paintball...for days like these.
Fantastic atmosphere - it was wonderful to see so many old friends and make some great new ones!
More paintball than you can shake a stick at - being able to shoot 50 plus people in one game! Awesome!! And it doesn't feel like 15 minutes, it goes by in a flash!
I think what I loved most was being able to play every bunker - because you basically try to fill the bunker that the last player out was playing, it's pot luck as to where you end up playing, love it!! Means you never get bored playing the same side!
This format is the most exciting ever and I think everyone should try it...it's just too hard to explain but once you get on field it just all comes together and flows...fantastic! :D
I think I've missed loads of things but have no energy left to make the brain function properly lol

Thank you to EVERYONE for today, absolutely everyone made today great, can't wait for the next one. Love to all xxxxx

And as always thank you to our sponsors John Payne, Laysik, JCS xx

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Glad the newbies enjoyed it !!!!!. This was the second time that I personally have played and it was awesome yet tiring.

I know Robbo was down here today speaking with a few people so watch out for his post on this.

Was good to meet a few people that are on here, Lump, Lemon, Bolter to name a few.

Thanks to John Sosta, Ray Cain, The Marshalls, Lips for the Paint and the other teams for making Paintball an enjoyable day out.

This event is the future, see you all there soon.

Phil
Redskins

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Why do they use uncapped ramp?
Think gun rules are, use what you want! No-one minds, and people put their guns around 13-15 anyways, with the odd guy blazing away on 20 bps. With relaxed gun rules, and the realization that the guy shooting 20bps will run out of paint or air quick, it works out pretty sweet.

Ive missed 15 bps!

Good to see Lump and Lemon, Robbo briefly, Simon Stevens (KEE USA), Olly Bell and a many more people, batteries fading, must sleep, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Next event is 13th June in Colchester.

Was a great day, thankfully the weather held off. Congrats to Outrage and commiserations to Storm who missed out on first by a hair's breadth. It was like a rollcall of the p8nt forums wandering around, nice to meet (both) Bolter(s), and Lump & Lemon. Good to see Robbo coming down to check things out first hand.

I'm not personally a massive fan of high ROFs, but the beauty of F5 is that with such big fields and masses of bunkers, uncapped ramping doesn't make the game stagnate too much. Plus with a limit on paint & air, it can be a disadvantage chucking paint too fast, most of our team were running between 12-15bps which seemed the sweetspot.

My only tiny niggle is that chronographing seemed to be optional, with no checks or enforcement. That really needs to be addressed (and more chronos available), as while spectating I saw some poor sod have his halo shell smashed from one ranged shot, which definitely shouldn't happen if everyone is running under 280.

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
wishing i had gone to this:mad: any idea when the next one is
Just make sure you're at the next one :)

Yes, the people shooting higher bps must have been running out of paint and air quicker. I didn't change mine so I was on 10 bps and I nearly ran out of paint! So it didn't bother me that the opposition was doing that lol. It might have even been 7 guys having to go back for air and paint that helped us win, hehe :p

And I did get a few nasty welts which from that distance must have been nearer the 300 mark. But it was nice to have the marshals more relaxed about everything. You were all great by the way :cool:

And I forgot to say, it didn't cost any more than a normal tourney!! Bonus!! :first:

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Right im going to try and gather my thoughts on the format and the reason behind them. if im wrong please let me know.

Looking at a regular day at any of the currant format events the day revolves around getting players on and off the filed. From Game on and for the next few minutes of play players are on the field. Now you put 5 guys out 1/2/3/ get shot so you play out the rest of the game. until its concussion. now you have to collect pots ague with reffs get off the field. Start to get the next team on field. Chrono, check BPS get to start gate. There seams to be three times the amount of time where reffs are on the fields than players playing
So if the players have not got to worry about setting guns at a BPS at the chrono with the reffs then its a team decision how to play there guns. So it hurts the team if they get to a good position and run out of paint or air. As there are only 3K fills. There were a few shooting uncapped ramp and making it all the way up to the key bunkers and running out of paint.
and as Lemon said as one guy comes off you have to try and work back up to that position. Then if you do get shot. if you stand there and argue. point fingers, your costing your team time. The instant you get shot you have to leg it back to the pit to get another live guy on field.

great format and lots of on fields trigger time. its been many a moon since i shoot 6 pots out of the same bunker. This is where having a gun that will shoot silly amount of paint off a 3K is a bigger advantage that have a gun that can shoot 30 BPS with a small bottle that looks great on top of your shoulder :D I was doing 6 pots and a hopper on 3k and went back and still had 1k left :D and to play left, right, up front was a change from playing the same old bunker every same old break out. With the Break out being removed as well was a great addition. making it from start gate to the 50 in one move ( yes at my size :rolleyes: ) was loads of fun.

So to all you player that have become disillusioned with 5 man Xball and are thinking about packing it all in have a go at this :first: reallly really enjoyed this like this much :D:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.