NBR

Tiger Army 1st Battallion
Oct 1, 2002
London
Visit site
most accurate gun???

a barret .50??? :confused:

oh!!! pball marker.....

i don't think one is more accurate than the other... coz there are a lot of factors affecting it.... big one being a round ball is not one of the best shapes to fire to get the truest flight path possible.... as no 2 pball's are "exactly" the same...

you can do a few things to improve accuracy on a marker good paint to barrel match, a marker with very little kick, good quality paintballs with the best consistancy... and i don't think a cocker is any more accurate than a inferno on its own... you have to help each one along to get the best out of it...

2p plop

joowon49

Colonial Fury
Oct 9, 2002
Fairfax, VA
Visit site
Cocker
Matrix
Timmy
Shocker
Excaliber

Not in any order. Basically closed bolt systems and the timmies are the most accurate. Though accuracy in a paintball gun is hard to define.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
As NBR has stated - no such thing with regards to markers...

IMO - accuracy has no relation to the type marker...

Quality paint and a good fitting barrel (in relation to the paint travelling through it) is important, but even then, I don't think you could ever call it 'accurate'...

I could blow a ball out of a barrel just as accurately (ok - not as far mind) as any marker you want to pick! :D

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Lots of people believe in the whole "closed bolts are more accurate" thing, but Warpig's experimental data did not confirm it. I think that the deal is that a closed bolt marker doesn't have as much moving around between the time the firing sequence starts and the time the ball leaves the barrel. So, maybe the first shot, the marker is easier to hold steady. After that, stability would depend on the weight of all moving parts vs the weight of the non-moving parts. The greater the ratio, the more the marker bucks and the harder it is to hold on target.

But then, there are also the autococker pixies, which bless each ballthat an autococker shoots. This makes autocockers rule.

ericostani

Mar 9, 2003
surrey
Visit site
autococker

i believe the cocker is more accurate as it has a more stable firing platform, and because of the pneumatic's etc, has a lot less recoil when firing faster, whereas with alot of other guns the gun tends to kick up a little when firing fast. also the bolt has a lot to do with it, like evo. bolt being good to put air all around the ball evenly, and light delrin for less recoil.
But then there is the matter of pressure regulation, and low pressure guns which i cant be arsed to go into, and i havent even touched on barrels etc.!
anyone want to disagree, or expand on this?