Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tournies in 10 years from now

Village Idiot

Barking Mad Member
Jul 11, 2001
Costa del Eastbourne
Visit site
We've all seen the speedy evolution on the Paintball Marker from the days of pumping the bloody thing in the direction of the target in the vain hope of a ball actually finding the mark.
Now it's all embeded chip, electronic, rapid firing state of the art dogs bollox equipment. So what has the future in store?
Take a look at modern warfare and the way that 'chip technology' has taken over. These days, the target does not even have to be in sight to be destroyed.
So taken to a logical conclusion, are we to be presented with 'smart markers' that will 'lock on' to the target to guarantee a hit? Laugh you may but it's coming.
I know that paintballs (the little darlings) are not smart, well not yet anyway, but don't hold your breath on that either!
So how do we, the players, want the sport to evolve, do we need ever improving equipment that will eventually reduce the need for individual skill? Or do we continue to buy the best and latest markers in the hope that we can gain some psycholical advantage over a lesser equipped team.
Will advancing technology lead to the sports eventual demize?
Thoughts please............

Justin(Thunder)

Thunder
Jul 7, 2001
UK
Visit site
Tennis rackets, golf clubs, sailboats, in fact most sporting equipment has been “touched” by advancing technology. I don’t see it as a problem as long as the equipment is available to all.

My main concern is the cost of technology pricing new players out of the game...