Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

TPX or T8

ALIHISGREAT

Jan 7, 2009
If new i would say TPX due to the price of the magazines - although they do have chopping issues, tippmann is working on a solution that i believe will be free.

If second hand then you can probably pick up a good deal on the Tib with some mags.

Joshie15

Jul 28, 2009
UK,Bournemouth
kwl, does anyone know if the gas useage is the same on both guns, as in the ammount of shots each can do with one sparklet.
cos as the t8 reloads the gas in the same clip it would be easier than havin to change the gas in the front and the ammo clip on the tpx.

Solo

Rewind!
kwl, does anyone know if the gas useage is the same on both guns, as in the ammount of shots each can do with one sparklet.
cos as the t8 reloads the gas in the same clip it would be easier than havin to change the gas in the front and the ammo clip on the tpx.
Iv'e got a TPX and you normally get 20-25 shots out of one sparklet. Be warned though, It currently has an issue with the sparklets, they don't fit properly and they offered a free upgrade kit to fix it, however mine still hasn't arrived 4 weeks later.

I'd still go for the TPX though, and the mags are pretty cool too.

nickphillipps

Jan 11, 2009
I have a TPX and the co2 change is easy. Also if you stick one on and don't fire a shot you don't waste the co2.

I've got the new upgraded co2 cap and it works easily and well.

Also got a few more free upgrades on the way from tippmann so sort any chopping.

Solo

Rewind!
I have a TPX and the co2 change is easy. Also if you stick one on and don't fire a shot you don't waste the co2.

I've got the new upgraded co2 cap and it works easily and well.

Also got a few more free upgrades on the way from tippmann so sort any chopping.
That's good to hear, I'll have to ring them sometime and see where it is. You know what it is there bringing out to solve the chopping?

nickphillipps

Jan 11, 2009
I believe its a new bolt, o-ring and damper kit or something.
Havent recieved these bits yet.

Have a look on tpxog.net

AlexMcAlpine

P8ntballer TeamSpeak Mod
Loads of people have been having problems with the TPX out of the box.

And my friend says it's a right pain reloading the mags in the field. And to reload a CO2 it has to be completely discharged, as such you end up dry-firing it until it's completely empty in order to put in a new one.

A tiberius is a proven workhorse, good accuracy and efficiency. The mags might be a bit more but it works so much better. I've used one and loved it.

(and you can pick them second hand for around £100 now)

nickphillipps

Jan 11, 2009
£100???

Never seen one that cheap.

I cant say anything about the tib8 as ive never used one but the new tpx co2 cap is easier to take off so you do not need to discharge the lot.

And to quote Revolver Ocelot "I love to re-load in a battle!"

And as for the TPX bought in Jan, i would of thought they would be putting the upgrades out as standard now but you'd have to email tippmann and ask.

They usually get back to you within the hour.