Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

training programs

pid

blah blah blah
Aug 27, 2005
in the thick of it
Visit site
hey we have been training as a team now for a long time now and at this point in time we are running out of training ideas does any one have any good programs they are willing to share for everything snapping break outs getting into bunkers everything and anything would be appreciated. cheers team DESTINY NRG

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
you got those sheets that robbo gave us for drills?

or is that what you have been using if not ill give them to ya on the 5th if ya want

G

Gassy

tranning programs:confused:

is that where you all dress up as drag queens:rolleyes:

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
Good drill for gun fighting is 1v1 1 ball check in, though you've probably been doing it already. It gets your muscle memory built up as well as your reflexes and 1st ball accuracy and has the added benefit of being gentle on paint consumption.

If you want to practice break shooting a drill I like is to set up a target in the lane that you want to sweetspot on the break. Then go to the startgate and get ready to break out with your barrel touching the board, then practice stepping forward, or swiveling or whatever you're planning on doing and shooting the target with your first ball. Keep doing it over and over and over until you're shooting that target 10/10. To vary this drill you can practice doing it whilst running to a corner bunker or whatever.

Another drill i like is basically a gun fighting drill with the emphasis on dominating your opponent and making a move. Set up two identical bunkers, opposite each other, about 10 yards apart. 1 player in each bunker. Players gun battle for control, and as soon as they have their opponent dominated they have to run up to the opposing bunker and touch it.

If you want to practice breakshooting/getting into your bunker then why not simply set up a drill when you have one guy shooting a lane, and one guy trying to get into a bunker?

I made a comprehensive list of drills a while ago for use in our training sessions, if there's something you particularly want to focus your training on, drop me a PM and I'll see if I have any drills that might help you.

mdking

Platinum Member
Aug 27, 2004
www.mayhem-paintball.co.uk
It's really up to you how to create and use you training programmes.

But just for an idea:
We train nearly everyweekend. Either in reball or on-feild training sessions. We normally sit down as a team, and work our what we need to work on. Personal skills also team skills.

Once we have worked out what is lacking, we put that into stages. Say for instance running and gunning.

We normaly spend a whole days training session, just on that if we feel we need to work on that.
We have learnt, theres no point in doing 10 drills in a day. IMO, due to your going todo the drill once, then go onto th next drill. The more times you go through the drill, it will be easyier for your team to move onto something else.

Then once the day is finished, have a chat. See how it went, and if there's any pointers that can be shared.

Then next week, if you feel you want to do something differnt then do so.

Break-out drills are one thing we have been working on quite alot.
example: 5man vs 5 man breakout. Run it like a normal game, but only for the 1st 20sec's. That makes sure your getting to ur primarys, but your also concentraiting on the breakout part of your game.
Then once you feel you have corrected any problems, up the time to 30/40 secs, and making it to secondry spots etc.

pid

blah blah blah
Aug 27, 2005
in the thick of it
Visit site
I made a comprehensive list of drills a while ago for use in our training sessions, if there's something you particularly want to focus your training on.
Sorry dude, i didn't make myself clear.
have you got your list or did you make a post with them on. what i meant by all round is specific training for all aspects.:)