Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Training to be accurate

Rob Giffin

Jan 18, 2002
Hertford, UK
Visit site
I've been reading some of P8NTballer.com's tourney tactics. Some very interesting reading, but one of the articles made me think just how accurate are the pro's out there.

The article talks about target practice on a can, now I can only presume they're talking about something like a coke can. Ok so that's probably about the same size as someone's hopper front on.

So do you think that is a suitable size target to be practising precision on? If I was using an air rifle then no problems, but with my paintball marker (Impulse Vision on Air with Freak kit) there's just no chance of me hitting this with a single shot.

So my question is how do you guy's train to be more accurate or is it just pure volume of paint and hope one of those has got to hit the spot?

Cheers

Rob

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Its a case of 2 factors well maybe 3

1) Luck

2) If you learn snap shooting (hitting that can) then you know your marker, where it will shoot and have a greater chance of using the one shot to your advantage rather than volume of paint.

3) Volume of paint, one of those little bu99ers will have to get through eventually.

A little story if you will.

One day at training 3 of us were last on the field just having a go woth our markers,

We were playing the person with least shots to hit the stick. (the stick was a piece of wood just higher than a wooden tower that held a flag on)

I got the best with my 2 shot, I gauged where the first went and adjusted and hit.

Other people just opened up and there 100th hit it. Both ways worked but I would have been out of my bunker less time and got an elimination.

Practice how your marker fires get comftable with it (which i'm sure you are) and it depends on how accurate your marker is.
And reading what you have that should damn straight.

Just get comftable with shooting this can from different angles, different distances and you will get better at it.

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
I used to practise snap shooting at small plastic cups, the kind you find in those water machines.

As long as you have a good paint and barrel match the rest is just down to technique. I broke the move down when I first started doing it, moving out....firing two balls....getting back in. Trying to stay as tight as possible during the whole movement. Start by doing it slowly, making sure you get it right, then add a little bit of speed.

Hope it helps:)

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
I put mine about 20 to 25 feet away. You don't need to be hitting the cup each time, because the player will be much bigger. As long as you getting two clean shots at it each time you should be ok.

You can buy white plastic cups from office supply shops like Staples:)

Simon

GoatBoy

Come to Goatboy ladies...
Sep 26, 2001
West Sussex
Visit site
On our training days we cover a variety of drills, but mainly we work on playing tight and snap shooting effectively.

Our targets are wooden "Head and Shoulder Outlines" which are placed at various points in a Hyperball field to allow us to snap shoot left handed and right handed, from a variety of bunkers/positions.

We tend to put more effort in snap shooting correctly and getting two good clear shots out from the snap while staying tight, rather than hitting the target with each shot. Our main aim is putting your target back behind his bunker. You don't have to hit him to be effective ( although it would of course be nice ) but two balls zipping past his bonce will hopefully get him to stick his head back in, so you can come out and keep him in there and pinned with some nice strings.

Working on technique also allows you to learn the basic move in steps:

Lean out
Stop and aim
fire twice
lean back in

and once it's learned you can speed up the process and improve accuracy. By learning in this manner you avoid adopting bad habits which are hard to break, and can attain a level of excellence that more slap dash training ( i.e. when you don't drill and just opt to play 4 on 4 ) can't mirror.

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Simon Malone - I thought u were playing for Backlash now?

Tom

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
not bad if yur aimin at the clean blue sky...

Muscle endurance. When youre 'out' on a guy, your aim is dead on, you know where hes gonna come out and try to snap shoot you like the novice punk he is (no offence intented to anyone), all your waiting for is that tell-tale sign, probably the tip of an elbow or whatever....but hes taking his time so yur waiting on him.....Then it starts to happen, those muscles holding that aim start to hurt and ache, before you know it that lactic acid build up has got your aim moving all over the place and you wont be able to hit the broad side of a barn.
Basically increasing your muscle stamina will help your aim when you need it most......

class dismissed:)