Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Trigger Bounce in the UK

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
so y'all, whats the opinion on trigger bounce in UK series'? personally, it right f**ks me off that a mrker has to be changed/dissallowed because it fires when you wallop it on the back. I cant see that as a problem, because how is it going to alter a games outcome?

Also, the turbo trigger bounce, when a gun fires due to the recoil assisting, i think that it should be penalised only if it has an extreme degree of bouncing, as in if a marshall tries to get it to bounce, and gets more than three shots on one trigger pull. Anything under that I would let it go.

Because for christs sake, who sits there slowly pulling the trigger till it bounces, people just try to fire as fast as they can. i can pull 10 balls a sec at least, what difference is 12 gonna make with one trigger bounce.

jsut my opinion, what do you think?
A conclusion has to be made.
Cook$

brian

BUNKER MONKEY
Aug 16, 2001
SoBored
Visit site
agreed

With you on that one cooksie!anybody who spends time banging a gun to get it 2 bounce is looking for summat that aint always there!!!......p.s anybody found hitting the back of my old led angel will probably end up with a pile of bits in their hands!!!.......Brian.....:D hit it "avec le hammmeeeer":D

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
avec le wigglywiggly Brian? anyway, i think a UK standard needs to be brought into effect over this, because its an arse when you gotta go alter/swap a gun, slows the whole day down for teams and marshals alike, and generally pisses everyone off. so what ypou reckon, only change the gun if it bounces 3 or more at a time? out of three tests? sounds good to me.........

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
One word - Safety

Cooks, you mug people right?
Say you go in for the mug, the guys looking at you so you pull the trigger two or three times - but your gun's bouncing and 6-8 balls come out, right in his forehead.

Now you tell me that a bouncing trigger is safe.

P.s I fully agree a standard test is needed, at the M25 league there is one - developed by Beaker, Nick from the Ugly Ducklings and other respected Paintballers.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
no. my gun only bounces when im really ripping the trigger. I have never made it bounce when firing one or two shots, only when im really trying to shoot fast. and as i would like to try and make friends within the sport I never rip on people during a mug.

its hard to rip on the trigger on the run. anyway, like i said, there should be limits to how much bounce is allowed.

peace,
Paul.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Poor "Blip"
Asked to have his trigger adjusted
and ended up with a marker that
fired without and further assistance.
Speed on fully auto. Awesome sight
One trigger pull and it fires till the
air runs out.
Poor Blakey wasn't impressed.

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Originally posted by Cook$
no. my gun only bounces when im really ripping the trigger. I have never made it bounce when firing one or two shots, only when im really trying to shoot fast. and as i would like to try and make friends within the sport I never rip on people during a mug.

its hard to rip on the trigger on the run. anyway, like i said, there should be limits to how much bounce is allowed.

peace,
Paul.
Ok then, Legal time - The Law prohibits firearms/Air weapons from being anything other than semi-auto i.e one-pull one-shot. Paintball markers are currently classified as Air weapons.
Trigger bounce is not one-pull one-shot, do you think that a copper/do-gooder on a bad day, seeing a guy seemingly not pulling trigger for each shot is going to care - no, they're not, they're going to say full-auto and then we are fighting our case in the courts.

And before anyone says that's unlikely - Paintball is becoming more and more public and Gun laws are becoming stricter.

I don't want Paintball to be banned, and this is the easiest way around any Firearm issues.

Gareth:)

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
the Millenium rules state that (yes, research!!) a marker wont be disqualified from a touenament if trigger bounce is caused by a mechanical prob. which surely the recoil and trigger reaction is? anyone agree?
if i put my gun over the chrono, and pulled the trigger, one shot would come out, if it was full auto, it would fire until i let go, so i kinda see them as two completely different things.
also, there is nothing illegal about the gun firing when smacked on the back, in the eyes of the law anyway, so i cant see where the problem lies there.

not trying to start a fight or anythin, just tryin to come up with a solution.

love,
Paul