Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Turning Non-screw off Cocker feed tubes into threaded type :)

i get this question asked all the time

"can i make my cocker with a non-screw off feed tube take a screw on one, like a grip ect??"

Now, normaly the answer is no, as there is only 2 options.

1; rip out the feed tube and put in a new one ( quite likey to F**k up the body.)

2; put the body in a cnc machine and mill the current feed tube into a threaded one.

now this is a good option, but expensive for one off's as the lost machine time and setting up and taking down time costs a fortune.

Now for the GOOD news, if i can get a batch of guns to do all in one go, it wont cost u an arm and a leg and will make it worth our while changing the machine over.

so, i am making a list of people who are interested in having this done. when i get enough ( and we have time ) we'll get hold of everyone to send the guns in.

make a list here or email me.

Originally posted by Skeetmaster
What is the likely damage to the anno on the body, if any..will we all need a re anno job or what?
And, me as well possibly, depending on the above!!
shouldnt be any damage to the body ( obviously if its some weird milling it might, will need to see teh body ) and so wont need a re-anno.

the new threaded bit will be raw tho, so if you want it re-annoed u can, but u dont HAVE to.
the new feed tube will hide the raw bit anyway.

DB

lol, looks like this is the post of the devil, just hit 666 :p

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
there is another way round it that most people over look and that is to leave the existing feed tube as it is and cut it vertically in half a dozen places kinda like the ccm feed tubes then use a band with a locking screw around the top to tighten the feed neck onto the hopper......far easier than milling the body....ok the result isnt a removable feed neck BUT it does drastically improve over the standard set up.

good idea tho bri you should get a load of interest....i know i looked for ages for somone to do one for me

Originally posted by jahlad
there is another way ........ is to leave the existing feed tube as it is and cut it vertically in half a dozen places kinda like .......
yeh, but i think most people would prefure a way that doesnt make their gun look like frankenstiens monster.

also there will be quite alot of stress on the feed tube, may end up bending for fracturing if you ait careful.