Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ugly eggolution

lucifer_hunter

Guy with the Flying Scarf
May 14, 2002
Central London
am i the only one who thinks the eggolution is ugly? unfortunately i sold my old revvy, which now i prefer :( hokay tech question is... can i mod a revvy to make it as fast as the eggolution? Y-board or Z-board or whatever

cheers

kalel

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I'd say no...
The electronics board of the Egg is far to large to be hammered into a Revvy.

With hoppers it's really a case of function over form. While the VL Revlution is somewhat banana shaped, it's still the least ugly of hoppers. Unfortunately it's also one of the slower ones out there.
The Egg is indeed a lot uglier, but that downside is offset by the speed of the darn thing. It's way faster than a Revvy.

If you've got the cash you might want to go for a HALO. They are less ugly than an Egg, and are even faster. But they do kinda look like you've attached a wooden shoe to your marker.

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
If you think about it, it's just two 9v batteries in series with some fancy electronics to guage when the stack is full/empty, and a power regulator to prevent u from sending the full 18v to the servo motor that would probably blow it.

However, since the revvy has no fancy feed neck system to ensure a constant pressure on the ball stack, the most you could hope for is a faster rate of spin. It'll still be an agitating hopper, and there will probably be a speed after which the paddles do more harm than good.

So the answer is yes, u can probably fiddle with the electronics to make it spin faster (Lookup Philip's modification thread for how to increase the operating voltage of the motor) but whether it'll actually feed faster is another matter... :D

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
simple answer...no

only way you would make a revvi faster is to use a better designed impeller...if you simply make the thing spin faster it isnt going to feed at all it will simply swat the balls out of the way!
the design of a revvi doesnt really let you do much with it other than that, there is no space inside to put the guts of an egg in there or to make it force fed.
dynasty using modded revis? mmm i doubt it, they might have some prototye or other but they wont be feeding much faster than anyone elses due to the whole gravity thing

eggs = ugly
get a halo :)

ericostani

Mar 9, 2003
surrey
Visit site
i dunno bout shape

but hows about a rienforced feed neck, and padding on the INSIDE so us front players can superman without making soup in our hopper! i like that idea:)
laters
Eric.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
you can mod it slightly, i got one that has had what dynasty did to it, not as fast as an eggy but getting about 16-17 bps. However it also uses kickass batteries from the states that you can't get here....

energizer titaniums i believe....they rock...