Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK Federation Cup

sponge10

myspace.com/londontigers
Jan 23, 2006
london
Visit site
I was just wondering if there is any news on when this is going to happen,i know the provisional date was going to be late october but there's been nothing announced anywhere.

No date or location and possibly only 2 months away!!are the millennium involved in this?:rolleyes:

custard cavalier

Sep 19, 2006
this is what wendy put up in the masters section..

"Lets also not forget the UK National Championships on the 3rd/4th October, more information on that will follow shortly, but with the amount of organising that has gone into this and the Federation members being 100% behind it, it is going to be awesome. Be aware that because of the date of the UK National Championship i have moved the UKM 10 man to the 1st November, i hope this doesnt cause anyone a problem."

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Jimmy

We have a meeting in a few weeks to finalise a few things.

As soon as the meeting is finished and all info is gathered we will of course post up the info for the teams, because if we don't have the teams we are basically a group of people stood in a field all alone looking very strange, and they put people away for that!

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
Current posted date for the UK Federation Cup was only changed this week, it was advertised for the weekend after Campaign Cup !

No information as to seeding, invited teams, format, location, costs, elligibility, divisions, prizes, player conditions has been released.

The meeting has even been put back, was going to be held this week.

Laters :)

*edit* quote from this very forum under UK Master 2009 information thread, where UK ballers go to get information on upcoming events.
"September will still see my two day event, the top 3 NSPL teams, top 3 Freekz teams, top 3 Scottish teams, top 3 Southern and Midland Masters teams will be invited to a play off for UK Champion.....of these the top 3/4 will have the opportunity to play the Millennium in Paris 2009 against the top French and German teams for the European Championship"

Seems the advertised information is a little out of date, this comment is not aimed at anyone in particular as the information is coming from the Federation itself but this seems a little misleading as 1.it's no longer to be held in September, 2.Freekz series was cancelled replaced with Super5ives, 3. Southern Masters was also cancelled to allow teams to concentrate on NSPL's fixtures and 4. Paris Millenium event was held back in July.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Current posted date for the UK Federation Cup was only changed this week, it was advertised for the weekend after Campaign Cup !

No information as to seeding, invited teams, format, location, costs, elligibility, divisions, prizes, player conditions has been released.

The meeting has even been put back, was going to be held this week.

Laters :)
Your right it was put back it would seem some of the board members are on holiday with their families................ I know I know but what can you do?

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
any news yet?
Yes but it is a massive secret and we cannot tell you anything :D

The date has been set for 3rd and 4th October, the venue we are waiting to hear back on but we will know by Friday of this week, so add a couple of days because we are dealing with a council, so Tuesday next week we should have that part finalised.

Pete is writting everything up and will post all the info as soon as we have it. I shall give him a kick because he is old and has the habit of forgetting :D

Gran

London Nexus #32
Sep 3, 2006
Ties in nicely with everybody who's flying out to WC then!!

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Ties in nicely with everybody who's flying out to WC then!!
I agree with you..... However we cannot please all of the people all of the time. If we hold it before then it was the weekend after Basildon, if we hold it any later we are into November which let's be honest the weather is poor. So this was the only date available to us, annoying if you are going to the world cup but if your not then it's party time :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
The Federation Cup

Yesterday, the Federation had our latest meeting and our first point on the agenda ended up being the only point we really discussed during the whole meeting.
First off, this event has nothing to do with the Masters or NSPL, it is the Federation Cup.

Chris Pelling and Wendy are helping to put it together and hopefully, with their joint experience in running events, they will make this tournament the one to remember, leastwise that's the plan.

As Pipes says, the dates are what we originally pencilled in as the 3rd and 4th of October and we will give you further details as and when we know them for sure.

We can pretty much pencil in something like a £300 entrance fee for the teams and the prizes will be announced as and when we have decided what the event/board members can afford.

Make no mistake guys, this is being set up for you, with you in the forefront of our minds because we will be judged on this event and so there is a built in safety factor for you in terms of value for money.
We will do our damnedest to make sure you enjoy yourself.

Wendy and Chris possess all the credentials to promote an outstanding event worthy of what we have all been talking about.
It has been a sometimes difficult road to get here but I am now happy everybody is focused and working in the right direction.
Some people have sacrificed more than others in aligning themselves with the Federation and it may at times, been hard for them to appreciate the road they find themselves on.
I understand that but I will deal with all this in another thread in this forum.

I am really looking forward to this event and seeing everybody there and I am sure Chris and Wendy can't wait to get cracking in putting this together.
I would like to thank them both for taking this venture on because its no mean feat I can tell you.
I don't think a lot of ballers really appreciate just what it takes to put an event like this together and the Federation is extremely grateful we have these two guys promoting it for us.

The venue is still up in the air but will be decided upon soon.
There's no reason for anybody to be concerned about anything here because we have several venues to choose from but we want the best one in terms of location and facilities available.

The reason we haven't nailed it yet is because another venue has poked its head up and we just need to fully scope it out and sort out the finances/availability before we announce where it's gonna be.

I wanna thank all the board members for taking the considerable time off their normal work for being instrumental in this year's work.
A lot of people 'talk' about helping UK Ball but these guys are actually doing something about it and I for one, appreciate every separate minute they give up to help us all.

If anybody has any questions, concerns or whatever, you can call me but please .... no silly questions :)

07595 538936