Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK Gun Control

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
I was watching the news this morning and after the recent tragic shootings in Birmingham (UK) I hear there is going to be a clamp down on Guns in the UK, including Replicas, Dearmed, blank firing and it mentioned Air powered.

Not to start scaremongering but can people please shed any more light on the subject and how things now stand.

Thank you

Trinity

Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
The man to ask is Steve Bull, and also the man to support as he lobbys parliment etc for us through UKPSF. Check out his web site and join if your not a member. As the more members we have the stronger our chances of being heard.
www.ukpsf.com

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Originally posted by Tom Tom

but can people please shed any more light on the subject and how things now
Well there are slightly conflicting stories but basically there is a proposed raise in the age at which you can own an Airgun from 14 to 17 (or 18)

It is already illegal under existing legislation to purchase an Airgun if you are less than 17 although 14-17 year olds can own one bought for them by an adult

D

duffistuta

And don't take a stroll down the high street carrying a marker...

Trinity

Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
My comment there also was that if they can legally arrest someone just carrying a toy gun then how can paintball markers be treated differently? :( [/B]
They can't and nor should they be. The average person or paintballer does not stroll down the street carrying a toy gun or their painballer marker. Why would you? Unless you were trying to cause alarm. The police should not have to try and second guess every ones intentions, and we can make it easier for them and us by always acting responsible when carrying or using a paintball marker.

QUESTION?
Should we voluntarily register as paintballers? An carry ID to say we own a Paintball marker?
Would voluntary registration show that we are prepared to be responsible and conform to a set of rules which most of us abide by any way?
What would happen to us if we had to have a license to own a marker?

Personally I feel the first two are a good idea.
I would like to know the answer to the third:)