Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK Law on Paintball marker transport

electriko

Sep 6, 2009
Hi guys, Im new in the country, and want to start playing paintball soon (been playing for 7 years in my country).
Can you help on this legal questions please?
If I bring my marker to the country, can I transport it freely in my car or in public transports when I'm going to practice?(obviously inside a bag).
I dont have the receipt for my marker anymore, will I have problems with police?

Tks

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
As has been mentioned use a bag, but avoid just using a neoprene marker bag, make sure it's not obvious or visible

Other tips
Only have it with you when going to a paintball site, so you can justify having it with you
Demonstrate common sense... milsim markers could easily be mistaken for a firearm, but even a tournie marker could be mistaken as well
Be discrete / sensible about what you are carrying, so no chatting about guns on public transport!
Never take it out of the bag whilst on public transport or leave it lying on a seat in a car
Put your bag in the boot, you should avoid being able to reach it when driving. Effectively making your best effort to secure it and demonstrate no malicious intent
Travel with it unpressurised / broken down... i.e barrel off, air system unscrewed, no hopper attached - therefore you cannot be accused of it being able to fire the marker
It is not normally necessary to have empty air tanks