Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK Nov/Am teams, help please !

Big Ian

Jul 8, 2001
Robin Hood Country
Visit site
I need some help from you guys for the planning of future tournaments.

It would help me shed loads if you could answer these questions regarding Novice/ Amateur tournaments in the UK.

You could either post your replies on this board, or, if you want to hide something, e-mail them to me at budbywreckingcrew@btinternet.com

All e-mails are treated in confidence, honest.

1. How many games would you like to play in a 1 day tournament ?

2. Would you prefer concept, woodland, or a mixture ?

3. How many boxes of paint are you (as a team) prepared to use ?

4. Would you like air provided, or bring your own ?

5. Novice v Novice, self seed, or leagues drawn out of a hat at random ?

6. How long is the ideal wait between games ?

7. How far would you be prepared to travel for a tournament ?

and finally

8. What makes you book in at a tournament ? ie other teams, location, word of mouth, prizes, series points, etc.

This is not a bu11S*1t posting, it will help us to plan tournaments for players in the future.

Ta very much for your time

Big Ian

Budby Wrecking Crew / Team Tremmor / Skirmish Nottingham

PS Wobble, love the new tops duuuuude !!!!!:cool:

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Ok here goes

1. I think about 8 Max

2. Gota be concept, Supair or Hyperball. Just Supair would be best really

3. We don't like limited so whayever it take. Bout 15 ish.

4. Air on site would be nice seeing as our team always has to scrounge bottles!

5. We always like playing better teams, helps you learn more.

6. Nice quick turnaround is always good. Keeps you pumped. Say 20 mins Max

7. Anywhere if it's a good one.

8. If it's concept fields and how many man (pref 7 but 5 is OK), and who else is going. Like I said in question 5 we like it hard baby.

9. Again like 8. Gota be seven really for the millenium practice, but 5 is OK.

Hope these help

Later dudes

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Ten man is fantastic, And if you can not play limited paint it just says one thing.
Firepower and not skill, Ask the three best players you admire what is more important.
If you hone your skill levels the rest of your game will fall into place.
Ask Ledz when was the most successful period of his team, If i am right it will be about the time when they used to play limited paint quite often.
I was sick to death of them they used to play all three divisions In the forest nationals a few years back and seemed to win them all with just 18 balls per player/game and a gobby captain.

So the moral is use your ability and not your paint supply.
And before you ask we did pretty well ourselves.

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Hmmmm lets see. Millennium series.... NOT LIMITED PAINT! Millennium series....NOT 10 MAN!

Most tourneys the team now plays are just to practice for the millennium series. Therefore it's not realistic to just play limited. You need the support of backplayers shooting/sweet spotting to be able to do those rippin ass moves. I’m not saying never play limited, like you say it improves accuracy etc, but sometimes you just have to play it how your gona play with the big boys.

Unfortunately the sport has now left the woods (WEHAY) and with it has come sup air, concept fields etc. which pay to play hard fast and aggressive, and sometimes shoot a few cases of paint. I play point and don't use much paint myself but I do relay on my SUPORT. Look at the yank pro teams. 35 boxes at 1 tourney, and you recon they don't have skill. They Ripp Ass!

Anyway I’m not trying to start a fight, I just prefer Unlimited. Just my 2p's

Later dudes

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Nick/Latham

Why is it that when i propose a limited paint event on concept fields people think i'm off my trolley.
They might be right but let me try to explain what i mean.
Like Nick just said he can use 9 pots in a game simple maths i know but come on 1500 balls in a game, I am sure that it's not every game but surely it also proves my point.

If you have players who just rain the paint in on there targets so they can not get out unless they risk a probable hit from the guy in front who has got the sponsored or self paid for "PAINT SUPPLY" now if its self paid paint it will not be long before that player says ce la vie to paintball because of the ongoing cost,

Now then how do you keep your players long enough to gain the experience required to play the bigger teams at bigger events.
Limited paint, Limited paint, Limited paint oh sorry am i repeating myself but to me it's so obvious.

What is limited paint, Silly question I know but what's the answer is it 100 balls per player per game or is it 200 or 300 or whatever well of course it's whatever, As long as both teams have the same amount each.

And yes i agree that so called back players use more so they can as long as the teams average stays at the agreed amount.
So all teams at the event have a "limited" amount so it's not a neverending barrage of paint.

So what do you think will begin to come to the fore then, I like to think "ABILITY" will rise to the top.
Now just imagine this and think about it and then mul it over and if you still don't like the idea well I'll shut up.
But as a player for too long and a marshal for what seems even longer I am convinced this is the way to go.
And yes the bigger teams in my opinion will be against it but for the wrong reasons they like there paint advantage and will want to keep it.

However they DO have most of the better players and on a even playing field should still win.
But because it is a even playing field the up and coming teams/players will shine brighter then ever and not be painted out of it.

Nick - All comments are welcome as long as they relevant it is after all a world sport.
And your last signature was quite apt for my case. :)

Latham - My comments about 10 man was just me yeaning for a younger part of my life !.
I think you are right about 7 man re millenium.:)

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Agree with Latham

Well as the only Tournament Team in Scotland, I have to agree with Latham, Scotland is a fair treck for any tournament whether it be down the M6 or Down the A1. But, heres there thing, if UK Nov and Am Teams are to start making an impression on the Millennium Series then we need to look at running 7 man, concept and Sup' Air unlimited paint, thing as well, if you get these off the ground then surely paint manufacturers would come onboard and maybe help subsidise paint sales. so, to re-cap, look at Lathams answers and I have to agree with them all, pain in the arse having to bring your own air tanks.

Just my thoughts.....

:rolleyes:

MadTommy

GEEZER
Jul 10, 2001
London
I can see where you guys are comming from I agree with Russel when it comes down to cost but from what I see at tournies players all talk about how there marker rocks and bangs out the paint and our team has just taken on new players that have going out and got the fastest markers out there (the new Impulse and Angle) we also have Emags on the team, before all the guys got the electro markers our paint bill wern't that bad but now it has doubled, we do train on our skills but when we were faced up against the fire power from the other teams it was much harder to put thisgs together but now we match them on fire power and it shows, not because we can lay down loads of paint and hide behind our marker like some teams do but them types of marker out there that can do it are much quicker with the snap shooting ect.
but more 7man will be better on sup air cos Temple is the only one that run's down our way, Teams don't matter cos we go out with our minds saying that all teams are a problem that we have to sort out if we do "COOL" if not then look to the other game, Air on site is good we have our own bottles but it saves us lugging em.
But most of all a car park right near the staging area cos there aint any thing worse than lugging your kit 20km to the fields in the rain with mud upto your knees.
---------------------------------------
MadTommy - BadCompany

Tony - Stupid Troopers

NorTees massive!
Jul 11, 2001
NorTees
Visit site
1. 8's about right

2. It's gotta be concept.

3. As many as it takes, for eight unlimited paint games, your probably talking 8 boxes.

4. Air provided would be nice, although we've already forked out for our own cylinders.

5. mmm...a difficult one, similar levels mean lower teams get better games but it's harder to improve. Mixed Divisions are probably best to improve the game as a whole

6. maybe 20 - 30 minutes, anything less and you're rushed, anything more and you lose the buzz

7. Depends on the tourney.

8. Don't know, we normally play Series 2001, so i guess series points.

9. 7 man would be best, although 5 man tends to attract more teams. 10 man in the UK would be almost out of the question, i don't know that many teams who have that many players

Nice to see a tourney organiser asking players what they want. Cheers

P.S. i think we left a Diablo banner at your site on Sunday, any chance of getting it back? :)