Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

United Kingdom Paintball League

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Now that the nationwide league has been announced, what teams are going to be looking for the win and prestige of topping the first season of the UKPL?

Teams earn points by attending or judging Feeder Events and then the top of this crop will earn their place in the end-of-season National Final. Win that and you've got some serious bragging rights! :)

Who's setting their sights on this one?

www.ukpaintballleague.com

Charlie

Back to Plat!
Oct 22, 2001
Norfolk
Visit site
Well the way I see it is that to have a good chance of wining your division (especially the novice/rookie divisions) you will have to play and or marshall at least 3 or more of the events and hope you do well. Now with the pheonix cup and heavens gate being a week apart I doubt you will see many teams being able to make both and there will not be enough places for teams to marshall. Also some teams may not be able to travel all the way to the Welsh open or STB, likewise a number of teams may not be able to travel to heavens gate or the M25 league events. Plus on top of that there will not be a lot of teams who will be able to afford to play these feeder events as well as the events of their main league (i.e. the M25 or Series 2003). Now I am speaking as a captain of a young novice/rookie team and I reckon that in these divisions the race for the win is going to be tight as not that many teams will be able to participate that much in the feeder events. But I look forward to see how it pans out as this should be one hell of a good thing for british paintball.

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
I think you are right that things are going to be close during the first year, especially in the Novice division.

The issue of travelling is one I think that teams need to look at closely. One of the main objectives of the UKPL is to encourage teams towards travelling that little bit further to play top-quality events. Imagine the amount of travelling you would have to do if you wanted to compete in the NPPL - the UK is a relatively small place and travelling does not have to add that much cost to a tournament. Especially as each UKPL feeder should be offering cheap camping, so hotels and travel lodges don't eat into your team's budget.

Personally, living in the South West and not being able to play in the SWPL (because I organise it), I find travelling to tournaments such as the M25, Euro Indoor, Diablo Cup, MM and the Millenniums part of the attraction of playing paintball. I love getting away for the weekend, even though I often have to do this on a budget (paintball has slowly taken over my life, leaving no room for a full-time job). I think teams need to think about the rewards they get out of travelling to the occasional major event rather than sticking to their own back yard all of the time.

As for the close dates this season, I agree there. Unfortunately, it couldn't be avoided this year, but will improve as time goes on. Using your model of performing well at three events to qualify, who's planning to do this and who will be at that exclusive UKPL National Final?

Tony - Stupid Troopers

NorTees massive!
Jul 11, 2001
NorTees
Visit site
We Inferno are marshalling the Phoenix Cup, and will probably be playing STB, and the MM leg so there's our 3 events.

Probably the most interesting thing will be seeing who gets the wildcard entries.. Nexus anyone?

P

Phil

It's how you do in your own 'home' events that count you do not have to play other events- but you might want to.

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Phil,

I'm afraid you have misunderstood. You only get UKPL points for playing in each of the feeder events. Your performance in your local series makes no difference, except you may be awarded one of the wild-card placings.

P

Phil

Sorry Sid
Thats just me and my big mouth.
Thanks for the correction mate.

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
We (storm novice) are looking at playing all the feeder events to try guarantee ourselves a place in the finals,
How many legs are there?
How many legs are seven man ?

Cheers.

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
M25 League, Round Two, 6th April 2003
One day, seven-man event.
www.diablopaintballing.com
Contact: Patrina Lester, t - +44 (0)1296 434 336, e - patrina@diablopaintballing.com

Phoenix Cup, 19th-20th July 2003
Two day, five-man event. Six playing fields on football pitches.
www.paintballuk.com
Contact: Nicola, t - +44 (0)1543 451 454, e - nicola@paintballuk.com

Heaven's Gate, 26th-27th July 2003
Two day, seven-man event in Bournemouth. Excellent facilities and prize package.
www.southwestpaintball.co.uk
Contact: Chris Pelling, t - +44 (0)1803 616 488, e - email@southwestpaintball.co.uk

Simply The Best, 10th August 2003
Five-man event. Elsham.
www.tournamentpaintball.co.uk
Contact: Steve Bull, t - +44 (0)845 130 6258, e - steve@playpaintball.co.uk

The Welsh Open, 27th-28th September 2003
Two day, five-man event. Wrexham.
Contact: Mark Blakemore, t - +44 (0)7736 255 796, e - midlandsmasters@aol.com