The Home Of European Paintball

Unsportmanlike Behaviour

blakey

been there, done it.....
Sep 24, 2001
Off the field, way off
Visit site
UnsportSmanlike behaviour!
When will teams realise that it is the job of the marshals to sort out on field infringements, and before anyone jumps in, sometimes the marshals get it wrong, but mostly they are no more than a few feet away from the play and do in fact get it right.
In the instances where teams feel that they have been unfairly treated they go to the ultimate for adjudication, and there are times when even the ultimate gets it wrong, but not often.
The teams that you refer to were dealt with as I thought fair, but make no mistake, from here on in I will not tolerate any form of physical agression from any individual, or threat of violence towards anyone attending the Midlands Masters events, in fact any further outbursts will result in the offender being permanently barred from all MM events, and their team put on report pending a possible ban, as well as being reported to all other organisers/sponsors, who I would hope would echo this view.
As you are aware we also operate a handicaping system which is designed to encourage teams to let the refs make the calls, and abide by the complaints procedure, as we all know all grievenaces should be aired through the team Captain only.
Two thoughts for you, if the other guy does it to you, does it make it right if you do it back?
How would sponsors like their teams to behave, professional polite and curteous, or in a manner that bystanders could perceive to be out of control, with no respect for the rules or officials, win at what cost!

You tell me.

Blakey..........................................sometimes people genuinely surprise me.