The Home Of European Paintball

"virtual team"

Stee-vo

***zone - Annan
Aug 19, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
"virtual team - opinions wanted"

Hear is a concept that I have been kicking about in my head and would like some feed back on. This is not a finished idea but is at the "concept stage" and I think I could make it work.

Right here goes. The concept is to set up a "virtual team" basicly a paintball agency where paintballers who want to play tourney join up through a web site and register who they are, location, equipment, level of experiance, mobility, are they allready in a team and any preferances as to where and when they can play.
I would post proposed tourneys we would be looking to play and then people could nominate themselves as to which ones they would wish to play in plus I would mail out to the contact list asking who wants to play. Registration would be free and the only costs would be players in tourneys would have to pay their own entry fees, payable through me, and we would split paint costs on the day with any paint sponsership offsetting the costs for the players on the day. I could also use the site to coordinate travel needs between players if possible. There would be no criteria as to who played for the "team" other than you wanted to play although we would try and ballance a team. If we had a large response we could enter more than one team as it would be all about playing and having fun. I would provide team tops, handed out on the day and I may be able to look at handing out some equipment, i.e pods, battlepacks and gloves. I also thought it might be an idea that if players have "spare" equipment they could rent it out on the day to people who would like to play but do not have the cash at hand to buy all the gear. For instance I have three masks and a back up marker. I could "rent" these to another player for say £20 or £30 for the day which would offset my paint costs and allow somebody else to experience the sport of paintball without spending a fortune. I do realise that you have to consider damage to equipment but the basic idea is sound. This site could also be used for teams looking for guest players, they could drop me a line and then I could e.mail it out to the member list to see who wanted to play and forward the response back to the team.
This is NOT about poaching players from other teams. This is about people wanting to play paintball at what ever level they are at. It could be somebody who has never played before, it could be somebody who has not got a team place for a tourney and wants a game, could be a player on holiday here from another country and he wants a game, it could be a pro-player who wants to get out and have fun without the pressure of having to win.
I already have a team and domain name and the cost of setting this up is very little (less than £200) and I am happy to do it because it would give me a lot of opportunity to play all sorts of paintball.

In summary this would be a "team" that consisted of people from all over the UK, some would be regular players, some would play once or twice a year, but they would all come to play for the fun of it. It would be a free register of players and would give everybody a great opportunity play more often and allow "newbies" and old pros to have a game when they wanted.
I know there is a lot of things to work out in terms of IT and communications, but what do we all think? A good idea or what? I will work on this over the next few weeks and would welcome any feed back.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Sounds sweet...... think of how many people would have a go with that kid of back-up. It can only be good for the sport...... I'm currently putting a total newbie team together, gonna enter them in the April event if all goes according to plan. (all girls, plus Scott, so all girls then).:D